We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Price of Unleaded Petrol

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,018 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Current Price of Unleaded Petrol

Hi there - apologies if this has been covered recently, but I did do a search both here and on google and couldn't find the information I was looking for.

Roughly what price is a litre of unleaded standard petrol at the moment in France? Over here in Ireland it is about Euro 1.05 (and rising!!)

Thanks a lot.

Ireland
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Current Price of Unleaded Petrol

I'd love to know too.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,484 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current Price of Unleaded Petrol

when i was in brussels 3 weeks ago the price their was the same in euros as we pay in pounds, ie .85c per litre. Which is a heck cheaper than UK prices! (so whats new) Whats makes it even cheaper is the exchange rate, as the Euro has (is) weakened against the GBP.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,018 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current Price of Unleaded Petrol

Thanks bojangles for the Brussels information - however, French Petrol includes road tax etc in the price. When we were over last year we were paying about Euro 1.19 a litre when the Irish petrol was running at about 89c litre. So, I am interested how various issues have affected the price before we take a trip over.

I remember when we were in Britain last year (wonderful Devon!) the price was roughly the same in Sterling as it was in Euros in Ireland. The Credit card got clobbered!!

Take Care :O)

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current Price of Unleaded Petrol

beanalainn -

Here is a link to a recent Yahoo news article which indicates that the current average price of a litre of unleaded Super 95 in France is 1.13 Euro but that it could reach 1.50 Euro by the end of the summer. The article also says that the average price of diesel fuel now exceeds 1 Euro per litre.

fr.news.yahoo.com/050620/214/4gxxl.html

PS: I suspect you could translate the article for yourself, but I gave the gist of it in English for the benefit of all...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
804 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current Price of Unleaded Petrol

Almost the same as in Ireland, this morning (I'm talking about a real life experience : )) the liter of SP95 was 1,06

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,018 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current Price of Unleaded Petrol

Irish Rovr and Denys - thank you both so much for your help. We're hoping to get over in the next few weeks, circumstances permitting.

Irish Rovr - you flatter my French!!! Thank you for the translation.

I thought I had been forgotten about - I appreciate your assistance and look forward with much glee to being on French soil (and tarmac!) once more.

Take Care.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,484 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current Price of Unleaded Petrol

Its still cheaper than we pay in the UK, so count yourselves lucky! We���re currently paying an equivalent of 1.30E per litre!

I���m driving to Brittany in Aug, have never yet filled up whilst in France, as I���m never exactly sure which pump I should be using (quite pathetic I know!). My car runs on diesel, can you tell me what you call this in France and what colour hose I should be looking for when I fill up? (in the UK its black).

Thanks

BoJ

Paris, France
Level Contributor
804 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current Price of Unleaded Petrol

Diesel cars must take "Gas-Oil" or "Gazole" (funny heritage from English !). The pump pistol is yellow, the green ones being unleaded normal (95) and unleaded superior (98).

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,018 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current Price of Unleaded Petrol

bojangles - will be in the wonderful UK as well as fabulous France so thanks for the info. Denys - our unleaded is green handled and 95 and 98 like yours.

Thank you both SO much for your help - the AA Website that we use was undated last April only!! and many things have happened since then.

Renewed thanks - Bean.