We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Louvre Museum

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Louvre Museum

We are planning to visit the Louvre Museum on November 16 (Friday) this year. Would you recommend buying a tour or can we do it ourselves. How about buying the skip the line tickets? Because it's low season, would there still be long lines? Would you recommend going on the tour in the morning or in the evening?

Mentioned in this post
Louvre Museum
Louvre Museum
86,314 Reviews
Paris, France
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,240 Reviews
from $103.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
4 replies to this topic
Newton...
Level Contributor
251 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Louvre Museum

We were just at the Louvre last week on Monday. We arrived just after the museum opened. We had a museum pass, because we were going to multiple museums during our stay, but the lines were not long anyway and moved pretty quickly. We did not go on a tour but had done some research and had a game plan. We did head first for the most crowded areas, e.g. Mona Lisa, which my son-in-law had never seen, and the crowds were not bad. Later in the morning, it definitely got busier. I have heard that late in the day can work well, but early is good too. We went in through the main entrance, i.e. the pyramid. I'm guessing that November would be either the same or less than late May in terms of crowds.

Mentioned in this post
France Louvre
France Louvre
300 Reviews
Paris, France
Mona Lisa
Mona Lisa
347 Reviews
Bayonne, France
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,779 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Louvre Museum

I bet in November you would literally walk through security at the Carrousel entrance with virtually no line and find no lines to speak of in the ticket sales room where there are many manned windows as well as a dozen or so machines. We were able to do this in late May this year which is a much busier time than November.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Louvre Museum

Thank you

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply