We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets to Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Montmartre

Level Contributor
20 posts
Tickets to Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Montmartre

Is it better to purchase tickets in advance online? If yes, do they have e-tickets or if ypu can print them from home? If opt to buy tickets on the premise, is there a long wait? Last but not least, is it safe to see all three attractions at night (past 7 pm time frame)?

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,895 Reviews
from $39.60*
$44.00
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,294 Reviews
from $110.10*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
109 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: Tickets to Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Montmartre

We bought our tickets to the Eiffel Tower about 3 months before our visit. Recommend you buy them in advance. Don't know about the Arc, and Montmartre is a neighborhood. Tickets are not required. You will have to pass through a security line to go into the Sacre Coeur, but tickets are not required.

Level Contributor
20 posts
2. Re: Tickets to Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Montmartre

Thank you. I will purchase my tickets for Eiffel Tower online then. As for Montmartre and Arc de Triomphe, based on my research, if you want to go to the top of each tourist attraction, you need a ticket to do so.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
29,228 posts
95 reviews
3. Re: Tickets to Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Montmartre

Montmartre is a hilly neighborhood there are no tickets. If you want to climb the Tower at Sacre Coeur there is a ticket you just buy on the spot.

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
109 posts
120 reviews
4. Re: Tickets to Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Montmartre

If you choose to take the Funicular to the top of the hill where Sacre Coeur is you will need a ticket, but that is just a Metro ticket that you buy on the spot too. And yes, you do need a ticket for the Arc. Check their website to see if you can buy in advance.

Level Contributor
20 posts
5. Re: Tickets to Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Montmartre

Thank you. I mixed up Montmatre with Montparnasse. Montparnasse is actually where I want to go.

6. Re: Tickets to Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Montmartre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 25, 2018