We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for lively group

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for lively group

I will be celebrating my 30th birthday in Manchester on saturday night. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a lively restaurant with nice food preferable italian or something similar.

There will be 11 of us

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for lively group

I would normally recommend Croma on Clarence Street near the town hall -

http://www.croma.biz/manchester.htm

However they don't normally take bookings on a saturday night. Might be worth giving them a call though.

Instead you could try Fellicini on Oxford Road -

www.felicini.co.uk/branches.asp…

This is a good, reasonably priced Italian with a lively buzzy atmosphere.

ALJ
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for lively group

I would've also recommended Croma. I think they accept booking of a party of 5 or more.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for lively group

Thank you for that. I was looking on the net last night and saw very good reviews for Villagio and was wondering if anyone else had been there. It looked like it might be good and half the group are gay so it's probably well situated in Canal Street!

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
312 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for lively group

Best Italian in City Centre Manchester for my money is San Carlo, although it's one of the more pricey ones. And they do try to rush you, but if you tell them to back off, they do. Another one to try is Piccolino; less expensive , but a decent menu and the food's normally great.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for lively group

I would also recommend Croma. Great pizzas, very lively atmosphere. I think the owners used to be part of Pizza Express so you get the gist of how it is and runs, but it is much better than Pizza Express.

Failing this, there is a fantastic traditional pizza place at the other end of Deansgate. I am sorry I forget the name, but it is easily described.

1. Head along Deansgate, past Kendals, past the trendy popular bars (useful for your night out no doubt), past the large Weatherspoon's pub towards St Mary's Place, (towars Selfridges)

2. Just past Weatherspoons, walk to the end of the road and cross it. The restaurant is just there.

3. To help you spot the restaurant, it has the traditional red checked tablecloths. Its quite big, full of atmosphere and very reasonably priced.

And if these two suggestions are not for you, my other favourite Italian is Di Vinci's ( I again think this is the name) which is just off St Peter's Square as you head towards the old Odeon cinema. On two levels, a little bit mroe expensive but not much.

Have a great night!

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant for lively group

Pizzeria Italia, under the Rennaissance hotel is the one you're describing.

I normally recommend D'Mitri's for a group. Very good Greek food. Always a good atmosphere.

7. Re: Restaurant for lively group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 25, 2009