We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester /Lancashire CITY CRICKET CLUB

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Manchester /Lancashire CITY CRICKET CLUB

Hi

Can anyone advise on how far it would be if my partner and I stayed in the city centre of Manchester, and got a taxi to the Lancs city cricket club? We will be there in July for the Arctic Monkeys gig, but would prefer to stay in a hotel in the city centre where I have stayed before, rather than staying near the ground, but have no idea how far the cricket ground is from the city centre.

Any help would be appreciated

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester /Lancashire CITY CRICKET CLUB

It's Lancs County Cricket Grounf normally known as Ol Trafford, directions follow

http://www.lccc.co.uk/index.php?p=news&id=63

England
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester /Lancashire CITY CRICKET CLUB

It's five minutes by taxi

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester /Lancashire CITY CRICKET CLUB

And it has its own tram station (Old Trafford) which drops you off at the door. The trams will be busy but this is definitely the best option.

Dead easy to get to and from and the city centre is definitely your best option. Most of the hotels (of all price ranges) are a short stroll from the various tram stops.

4. Re: Manchester /Lancashire CITY CRICKET CLUB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 19, 2009