We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best bars for women

aberdeen
Level Contributor
85 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
best bars for women

I am in Manchester for a week with the lads next week and although its not for me I always get the same questions when going out. Ie where do all the women go? Can anyone help. Looking for a decent enough pub or club but nothing to posh or studenty as all the guys are about 40. Any suggestions

Wiltshire, U.K.
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: best bars for women

This place has a fantastic atmosphere and is jam packed with women. I think it's free to get in, although the drinks are quite expensive.

Have fun!

http://tinyurl.com/yz52v7

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best bars for women

Hi There,

There is bar called mojos which is really for ages 25 -45 ish. Play a variety of music but not cheesy chart stuff. Drinks are a little pricey but it is dead friendly in there.

It is at the back of deansgate. You could try a bar/pub called fab cafe on portland street. Mind you it may be a bit studenty. Deansgate locks is a bit of a meat market but there are some nice ars there and along deansgate itself

hope this helps

Liz

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best bars for women

The bars on Peter Street (Bar 38, Brannigans, Walkabout) range from classy to downright cheesy but are known as the main cop-off places in Manchester. There's also Teasers which is a bikini bar that gets packed in the evenings.

There's a club near there called Cellar Vie which is full of 40-somethings (and a lot younger...and older, scarily!). Plenty of women in there but you may need to have your beer goggles on to find them attractive. If you fail to pull in there then you don't have a pulse.

There's also the Ritz which can be good fun. Again, plenty of 40-year olds of both sexes cruising.

Other than that, Long Legs in Chinatown is a good lap-dancing bar. The Fantasy Bar's a bit more expenve and there's also a new one open next to Cellar Vie but that's supposed to be very expensive/exclusive.

4. Re: best bars for women

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 20, 2009