We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Travelodge Blackfriar St

belfast
4 posts
Save Topic
Airport to Travelodge Blackfriar St

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to hotel arriving at 11pm at night. Also any idea of taxi fare. Any good restaurants/bars in the area.

Thanks in advance

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Travelodge Blackfriar St

I think a taxi would be your best bet. I'd guess about £25.00 in a black cab to your door.

Otherwise, you could get a train to Piccadilly and then it's a long walk or perhaps £5.00 in a taxi.

You're in a great spot, particularly for shope. Turn left out of your hotel and you can practically see M&S, Selfridges, Harvey Nicks and all of St Ann's Square and the Royal Exchange.

Some trendy bars very near (Living Room, Label) or pubs (Sinclairs, the Old Wellington). Not too sure about restaurants that would be open around there at that sort of hour (all the bars serve food but most of them stop serving around 10.00 to make way for the drinkers)...you might be best going up to Chinatown (perhaps ten min walk from your hotel).

Mentioned in this post
Piccadilly
Piccadilly
Manchester, UK
Selfridges
Selfridges
34 Reviews
Manchester, UK
St. Ann's Square
St. Ann's Square
269 Reviews
Manchester, UK
The Living Room
The Living Room
611 Reviews
Manchester, UK
The Old Wellington
The Old Wellington
707 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Chinatown
Chinatown
813 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Travelodge Blackfriar St

Forgot to say...the Italian at the top of Blackfriars Bridge (Pizzeria Italia, underneath the Ramada) is very good and pretty reasonable. Not 'cutting edge' or particularly posh but very nice indeed.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
754 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Travelodge Blackfriar St

I can back you up there - Pizzeria Italia is my favourite restaurant in Manchester. It's on the corner of Blackfriars and Deansgate.

Mentioned in this post
The Deansgate
The Deansgate
91 Reviews
Manchester, UK
4. Re: Airport to Travelodge Blackfriar St

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 21, 2009