We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning arrival at Shudehill.

Carlisle
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Early morning arrival at Shudehill.

We're arriving at Shudehill interchange at 4.35 am tomorrow morning on our way to airport.I believe we can catch the train at Picadilly.On checking tram times I see the first one is not until 5.36 so we will probably walk to the station.Doing this how long will it take to arrive at the airport? We fly at 7am so might get a taxi if it's cutting it a bit fine.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,809 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning arrival at Shudehill.

It's just over a mile

metrolink.co.uk/stationinfo/Documents/city_c…

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning arrival at Shudehill.

Allow for a 20 minute walk to Piccadilly with luggage. There are trains at 04:46, 4:52, 04:56, 05:03, 05:20 from Piccadilly to the airport. They take about 20 minutes to reach the airport. Depending which terminal you are flying from, you have then got a 5 to ten minute walk to the the terminal.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning arrival at Shudehill.

You will be cutting it very fine if you fly at 7am. If you take a cab to Piccadilly, you'll make either the 4:52, 04:56 or 05:03, meaning you'll be at your terminal for check-in by around 5.30am. If you walk to Piccadilly you're unlikely to get to check-in before 6am because of the extra 20 minutes or so you have to factor in. In your favour, security is a bit quieter that early in the morning so it shouldn't take too long to reach airside.

Carlisle
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early morning arrival at Shudehill.

Many thanks for advice.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early morning arrival at Shudehill.

Disagree with "security is a bit quieter that early in the morning" - it can be very busy as there are many flights departing between 5am and 8am. I'd be getting a taxi direct to the door of the correct terminal after only leaving myself just over 2 hours to get from bus to airport through check-in, security and getting to the gate!

May be more expensive but missing your flight will cost a lot more.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early morning arrival at Shudehill.

I always take a cab but I live in south Manchester and know how much time I need. Last time I flew out (in May) I had to check in at 5.15 and I flew through security even though there were a lot of early flights that morning.

7. Re: Early morning arrival at Shudehill.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 23, 2015