We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to and from Apollo

Belfast
Level Contributor
35 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to and from Apollo

In a few weeks I will be travelling from Premier Inn Piccadilly to the Apollo in the early evening and returning back to the hotel later that night.

What are the public transport options to and from the venue?

Or is my best bet a taxi each way?

....also, will a taxi be easy to get after the show?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,019 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel to and from Apollo

Sad to see that the Church had closed, I didn't know that :(

The pub down the side road is the Apsley Cottage.

manchesterhistory.net/manchester/outside/aps…

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,737 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel to and from Apollo

That pub looks a lot different from the outside when it's dark, raining and with tour buses and trucks in front of it! ;-D

I'd have a few pints in town first though if I were the OP. Thirsty Scholar and the Salisbury by Oxford Rd station are good calls, and the Lass O Gowrie on Charles Street has now reopened.

It's still a 20 ish minute walk from that side of the city centre to the Apollo I'f you head straight up Oxford Rd and turn left at the junction opposite the Student Union/Academy venue. There's a decent pub there too next to the Nat West bank that I went to last month before going to the Academy. Well, it's more of a bar and has a big covered terrace out front on the main road. It's called Kro Bar (just had to google it!)

13. Re: Travel to and from Apollo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, May 04, 2015