We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meet and Greet at Manchester Airport

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eastham, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Meet and Greet at Manchester Airport

People using this service must be aware that your car maybe used for personal reasons by the company they use I cannot for legal reasons name the firm that I have been dealing with but recently I had another 25 miles extra when I asked the company to advise how this happened I did not receive any reply and therefore I will not be using them again.

I urge all drivers to make a note of the distance they have done before they hand the car over,i am not suggesting that all companies are doing this

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meet and Greet at Manchester Airport

To be honest I always park my car in the Multi Storey car park attached to the terminal I am flying from. There are good advance deals to be had on sites such as Holiday Extras. The good thing about parking in the multi storeys is you keep your keys and you are straight back to your car when you return. No waiting for keys or shuttle buses etc.

Ok there may be cheaper deals, but its worth paying a little extra for the convenience that gives you.

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
207 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meet and Greet at Manchester Airport

The official MAN airport Meet & Greet seem to be as competitive as the other providers, to get discounts sign up for email offers on the airport website. Have used both T1 & T3 & it has always worked well. They do get moved to another location but no significant mileage.

Have you seen the scams where some meet & greet companies in the past used to take cars & park them in streets someway from the airport for the duration of the period!

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Meet and Greet at Manchester Airport

I wouldn't worry, was the service and car ok? Some companies use off site car parks at Carrington. Carrington is just under 12 miles from the airport. If you don't want to incur additional miles, use the airport's meet and greet service.

Use the M31 4AX postcode in Google Earth to see where some of the cars are parked at Carrington.

Eastham, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meet and Greet at Manchester Airport

Thanks for that i have now booked the multi storey car park as you say you keep the keks

Regards

Eastham, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meet and Greet at Manchester Airport

i note what you say not everyone will rip you off i will now use the multi storey car parks

Regards

Eastham, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meet and Greet at Manchester Airport

Thanks for the info.it would appear that our car could have been parked i carrington as we live on the wiral bit to far to go and look.

Regards

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Meet and Greet at Manchester Airport

Seleus, I didn't expect you to go and look, you can see the cars parked by looking on Google earth. I pass the site on the train, the cars are parked in bays on a purpose built car park. They always appear to be parked quite neatly in the bays.

8. Re: Meet and Greet at Manchester Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 06, 2015