We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football game question

Gore, New Zealand
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Football game question

We have reserved tickets to a ManUtd game scehduled for March 29.

Any idea how long before the game that the kick off date/ time will be confirmed? Does six weeks sound about right?

I assume, that once a date has been published on the ManUtd website with no TBC this time has been set......do they ever happen to change close to the time of the scheduled kick off?

( Really meaning.....once the TBC has been removed from the fixtures list can I safely go ahead and make further plans ?)

Thanks

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,400 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Football game question

Its still possible that they could move the game to the Sunday or even Monday night

Tickets aren't on sale until around mid-February and by then the date will be set

Can I ask where you're getting tickets from?

Gore, New Zealand
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Football game question

We have bought VIP tickets which includes a post match meal etc.

So mid Feb we should know definitely the date and time you think?

Edited: 2:15 am, December 17, 2013
Singapore
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Football game question

That's the United-Villa game? It could be anything between 4 to 6 weeks. Could be moved for various reasons such as TV schedules or depending on any cup replays happening during that particular week. Just keep an eye on the United fixture list website, they'll update once it's confirmed as it's still way too early to know

Gore, New Zealand
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Football game question

I thought so.....I see the United website has confirmed matches end of Jan, so about six weeks out....just wanted to make sure that they are not likely to change things again after they have published confirmed kick off.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,117 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Football game question

If United are still in the Champions League, which even as a biased blue I think they will be, then they will have a midweek match on 2nd/3rd April, which would stop any possibility of a Monday kickoff for this league match, and I would think that it would also minimise any possibility of a Sunday, especially if the CL match is to be played on Tuesday.

uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/…

FA Cup QFs should be well out of the way by then:

thefa.com/thefacup/more/fa-cup-round-dates

and the League Cup finishes with the final on 2nd March.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,426 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Football game question

Given that the Champions League situation will not be known until the 19 March match, Man U will be fixing the date & time of the Villa game well before then. ManU will be very to keep the date of the Villa fixture as Sat 29 March to maximise recovery time before possible/probable CL game a few days later. Just keep checking the Man U website until the date becomes fixed; IMO probably 29 March as currently scheduled.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Football game question

What has happened in the past is they may come up with two scenarios. They might for example schedule the Villa game for Monday night 31st March. They might at the bottom of the page say if the team is still involved in the champions league then the game will be played on the Saturday 29th. Kick being any of 12.45, 3pm or maybe 5.30pm.

Wait until the game is actually announced, which i would think would be the end of January. If they announce it as the Saturday in the first place, it will stay on that date, regardless of the champions league result.

Edited: 11:07 am, December 17, 2013
8. Re: Football game question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 19, 2014