We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Consistently good Indian Restaurant

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,112 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Consistently good Indian Restaurant

Can anyone suggest one? We used to go to Rusholme but it's mainly Shisha Cafés now so not the sort of atmosphere we're looking for. One one seven another of our favourites appears to have closed. It's hubs birthday this week so we're looking for somewhere probably Friday night with good food and some atmosphere, not romantic. We work in Bramhall and live in Bolton so anywhere between the two would be fine. BTW I have looked at loads of reviews but am having a hard time picking the bones out of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

home
Level Contributor
123 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Consistently good Indian Restaurant

I second that when I went there was to many people and not enough food.i agree that Swadesh on Portland st is very but for me only in the evening after the buffet/banquet has finished.the Swadesh prefer to serve chicken thigh rather than breast not a problem to me but not everyone's taste

home
Level Contributor
123 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Consistently good Indian Restaurant

I second that when I went there was to many people and not enough food.i agree that Swadesh on Portland st is very good but for me only in the evening after the buffet/banquet has finished.the Swadesh prefer to serve chicken thigh rather than breast not a problem to me but not everyone's taste

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Consistently good Indian Restaurant

If you don't mind travelling a bit further out of the city, the viceroy in handforth is very good, their Sunday special is also fab value. I love it!!! Agree about the nawab in levenshulme, like a school cantine last I went there (although not recently ...)

manchester england
Level Contributor
161 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Consistently good Indian Restaurant

Indish on broadway in chadderton is very good,very nice decor as well

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Consistently good Indian Restaurant

I mentioned earlier the new Coriander in Chorlton which is really good but also next to it is Asian Fusion( bad name but great food). I went to a big Indian wedding at the Palace last year and they had Asian Fusion do all the catering for them - food was delicious.

26. Re: Consistently good Indian Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, November 13, 2014