We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tapas in northern quarter

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tapas in northern quarter

Hi anyone know anywhere that does tapas in northern quarter. Ive done a search but nothing specific is coming up. Thanks in advance x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tapas in northern quarter

Hi,

Do you mean 'proper' Spanish tapas? I can't think of any Spanish places in the Northern Quarter. Obviously many places do 'tapas' style sharing/small plates regardless of cuisine nowadays.

I'm sure there must be some in the NQ, but I can't think of any of the top of my head. Sorry.

The closest I can think of would be The Alchemist on New York street. They do "Tapatizers -

For one or more to share".

Cheers

Pete

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tapas in northern quarter

Hi, no NQ is more known for deli boards and burgers in brioche. However there are 2 excellent places in can recommend in the manchester city centre. The first is http://www.dimitris.co.uk/ (dont let the dodgy website with pics of burgers put you off, they are one of the most popular places for tapas) and the second is http://www.sandinistaleeds.co.uk/news0aa.html (i know the website says leeds but thats because the manchester ones not got its own website yet so they are sharing this web address)

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tapas in northern quarter

Thanks. I didnt think there was one in NQ I as such i knew of dimitris and the othees on deansgate but didnt know about the new one so that will be worth a try. Thanks again x

Manchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tapas in northern quarter

Tapas ,that's the Spanish ' con' of serving little bits of grub at extortionate prices? Yea thought it was,well not to contradict ,but Dimitris is Greek ,you do know that ? If you want tapas I suggest you try La Tasca on Deansgate sort of average,Evuna on Deansgate not bad,Sandanista ( Cuban ) it's lively and the most recommended and most popular El Rincon just off Deansgate,though we are not that keen,but it's the place that suggests you are dining in the middle of Madrid,booking necessary .

The NQ is full of great little places now ,just choose a selection of starters at any of them ,it's pretty mush the same.

But enjoy mate ,let us know how you get on.

Mentioned in this post
La Tasca
La Tasca
1,376 Reviews
Manchester, UK
The Deansgate
The Deansgate
91 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tapas in northern quarter

No problem, though please do not got to La Tasca...its a generic chain that say they do tapas but its beyond awful! I agree with above. Sandinista is one of the best places.

Edited: 5:49 pm, September 20, 2013
Mentioned in this post
La Tasca
La Tasca
1,376 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Manchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tapas in northern quarter

Noticed tonight Evuna has opened in the NQ ,tapas served its says on the billboards outside.

Manc_Brel
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tapas in northern quarter

The last time I went to El Rincon they didn't accept reservations, except for large groups. Dimitri as suggests is Greek and they do Meze not tapas. If you want tapas in NQ then the new Evuna is the only option, so take it!

Edited: 5:38 am, September 22, 2013
Manchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tapas in northern quarter

Have a few pints in the Port Street Beer house class bar with multi choices of different beers .

9. Re: Tapas in northern quarter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 26, 2014