We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Topic
Airport transfers

Hi,

I am flying into Manchester from Turkey on 23rd October. I am due to arrive at 16.40. I then need to get a train back up to Edinburgh. The only direct one is at 18.00, and then there is one other one I could get at 18.30 that would get me back into Edinburgh in enough time to catch another train I need to get home. I'm wondering if this will leave me enouigh time to get through baggage and customs? I have been to Machester airport a few times so know my way around, and I know the station is right there but worried I'd be cutting it a bit tight!

Just looking for some thoughts/advice.

Thanks

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers

You may get the 18.30 but luck would have to be with you re luggage and passport control. If you are flying in with Thomas Cook on a wednesday, today as an example the plane is about 35 minutes late leaving you no chance

2. Re: Airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 02, 2014