We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diet tonic water

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
399 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Diet tonic water

Does anybody know if they sell diet tonic water at any of the shops at the airport? I am diabetic and enjoy a gin and tonic on holiday but usually take my own diet tonic in the hold luggage. As it weighs quite a bit I wondered if I would be able to buy it in any of the shops. Thanks.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,175 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diet tonic water

Don't know, but you could have a look in Boots or WH Smiths, which are bound to be in any airport departure lounge and generally carry a selection of canned or bottled drinks.

If no tonic available, could you make do with something else?? Eg, some of the Boots "shapers" fizzy drinks are not bad, they do have a cloudy lemonade, that IMO would be OK with a Gin, also the still, but tasty "This Water" lemon drink would not be a bad option....

Essex
Level Contributor
27,175 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diet tonic water

PS, where are you going on hols? Lots of places have diet tonic these days, so you could always seek a local supermarket on arrival at your destination....

uk
Level Contributor
399 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diet tonic water

Thanks for your help. I'm off to Cuba and they don't have diet tonic. I generally take my own. I think I'll pack a couple of cans and look at the Boots own brand diet drinks. Might start a strange gin craze!!

Essex
Level Contributor
27,175 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diet tonic water

Oh, right!

For places without diet tonics, try this....

Pack some low cal sweetener of your choice. At destination, acquire fizzy water and some fresh lemons/limes/oranges, squeze half lemon into glass, add some sweetner, add gin top up with the fizz....

That is presuming you can get "Agua con gaz" in Cuba....

Have you posted this question on the Cuba forum, by the way??

Edited: 2:21 pm, April 09, 2013
uk
Level Contributor
399 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diet tonic water

I've been to Cuba many, many times before and know that they don't have diet tonic at the resort that I'm staying at. Not keen on gin and fizzy water - doesn't keep the mozzies at bay. lol

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diet tonic water

Buy some mini cans of Schweppes slimline tonic ( nothing else will do for G&T ) from the supermarket and pack them in your hold luggage,of course there will be a weight consideration.just cut down a bit on your luggage if you are near the limit.

12x 150ml cans = 1.8 litres = 1.8 kgs plus weight of tins

You can do without that extra pair of shoes but not the proper G&T eh?

Cheers

Edited: 2:35 pm, April 10, 2013
UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diet tonic water

Whoops

You already do that

Essex
Level Contributor
27,175 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Diet tonic water

Good luck then!

9. Re: Diet tonic water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 12, 2014