We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in the early hours at Mancester Airport?

Annan, England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in the early hours at Mancester Airport?

Im gonna be flying from Manc Airport at 6am on Sat 11th May, due to travel arrangements i will be arriving there just slightly after 12:30am.

What is there to do at the airport to keep myself amused for 5 and a half hours?. I've heard people mention there are some decent bars and eating places there but what time do they open as i can't seem to see anything on the website.

Also i have heard a few friends mention that there is like small arcades and stuff? (Im flying from Terminal 2 btw)

Cheers to anyone that can help

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in the early hours at Mancester Airport?

Hi.

As a rule the shops usually open an our or so before the first flight of the day. So this depends on how busy the airport is. In T1 the cafe area is advertised as being open 24/7 365 days of the year.

If you are flying club you can assess the lounges as these stay open for passengers in transit. Alternativley you can buy a pass for an airport lounge (but they are usually time limited and possibley not open 24 hours.

I hope this helps. I'd take a book or your laptop/ipad. sit by the window and watch a movie or read untill something opens. (free wifi).

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,907 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in the early hours at Mancester Airport?

T2 is often a lot quieter. It all depends if there are any flights leaving in the middle of the night or not.

Annan, England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in the early hours at Mancester Airport?

I think I will probably take my laptop / tablet, I was planning on watching a movie on my tablet on the train down to the airport then I can probably watch another movie on my laptop when I get to the airport and charge my tablet at the same time from the usb port then it will give me some charge to play some games or something on my tablet while I'm on the plane

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in the early hours at Mancester Airport?

sorry to ask, I too am going to get a very early flight , from Manchester terminal 3 (October) and may have to 'over night' as same difficulty with trains,,,

how did you 'over night go? any problems ?

Edited: 7:25 am, August 28, 2013
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,907 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in the early hours at Mancester Airport?

There is a lot less going on in T3 than the other terminals anyway.

There are very few departures during the night from any of the Manchester terminals - for instance tonight, there is nothing between 2355 and 0555 - and T3 the last departure this evening is at 2205.

manchesterairport.co.uk/flightinformation/

One big question will be, do you have baggage which you have to check-in/drop off? If so, then you probably won't be able to go airside until 0400 anyway, as I doubt the check-in desks will be open until about then.

Another option may be to spend some time landside in one of the arrivals lounges, where there will be more going on, and a limited number of shops etc., most of which are in T1 Full details here:

http://tinyurl.com/cpdn4e4

It's easy enough to walk between terminals at Manchester, using the covered walkway.

Edited: 9:30 am, August 28, 2013
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do in the early hours at Mancester Airport?

The most sensible option, ableit with a cost attached, is to book into an airport hotel.

Or, if you're on a long haul flight, does the airline offer a hold baggage drop service the night before? We did that with an early Virgin flight a few years ago - very easy and meant we were much more free to do what we wanted - again though, we booked into a hotel for night.

7. Re: Things to do in the early hours at Mancester Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 30, 2014