We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel info

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Travel info

hi, i just want to know how long it will take Dublin to Manchester and Bristol? And which one is the best way to travel, Railway or Airways? And which one is cheaper? Actually i have to travel once a month for study purpose and i cannot take decision because i have no idea which city is closer from Dublin. Could you give me these information please. Thank you,

Regards,

Lailun

Sutton in Craven
Level Contributor
149 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel info

There are direct flights from Dublin into Manchester or Bristol (RyanAir and Aer Lingus) but I think the Manchester / Bristol route was scrapped a few years back.

Virgin Cross Country operate a train service from Manchester Piccadilly to Bristol Temple Meads - journey time approx 3 hours.

Drive from Manchester to Bristol will take at least 4 hours but you'll be at the mercy of the M6 and M5. I've taken 11 (eleven !!) hours to do Bristol to Manchester on a Friday.

If cost is your only deciding criteria I'd check out the various websites (www.nationalrail.co.uk for the trains). Price for tickets can vary hugely. Basic rule is that the further ahead you plan and buy the cheaper it is...and avoid rush hour travel.

Hope that helps

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,829 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel info

Are you asking whether it is better to fly to Manchester or Bristol from Dublin? Or are you asking whether rail or air is better between Manchester and Bristol once you are here?

Certainly flights from Dublin to Manchester are frequent and not too expensive. Don´t know about Bristol

3. Re: Travel info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 12, 2014