We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

21st birthday night out in manchester

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
21st birthday night out in manchester

Hi

Me and 11 friends ( all couples) are heading up from london to manchester for a night out for my 21st birthday (saturday night) , we have booked a travelodge in salford quays and don't mind getting a few taxis to places ! just need some advice on what bars and clubs to hit ! i fancy a few good bars with good music and then finish off in a good club ! ive heard from a few people that Deansgate locks is pretty decent but is there much choice there ? any suggestions would be brilliant

Thanks !

Mentioned in this post
The Deansgate
The Deansgate
91 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Manchester
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 21st birthday night out in manchester

It depends what your idea of 'good' is? Deansgate Locks is big and busy with lots of choice but is for the kinds of people who get faked up to go out (lashes, tan, hair etc) same as The printworks - depends on your preference but i'd steer clear.

The Northern Quarter is great for more independent kinds of bars, good cocktails, good music - would recommend Socio Rehab, Hula Tiki, Noho, Barcelona, Lemars, Kosmonaut for a good night out (look up locations, they can be hard to find if you don't know your way round.)

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Kosmonaut
Kosmonaut
7 Reviews
Manchester, UK
seah0rsegirl
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 21st birthday night out in manchester

Like the above poster says, it depends on what your definition of a good night out is. Manchester is quite compact but has distinctly different areas.

The Northern Quarter would be my first choice because it's quite a compact selection of character driven, independent bars/clubs (My faves being Black Dog Ballroom, Bluu Bar, TV21's, Band On the Wall & Moho Live). Its all quite Xfm.

The Printworks is more commercial clubbing - brands you could find in any major city - lots of tan, lashes and heels.

Deansgate Locks is different to Deansgate itself, the latter being possibly a bit more exclusive - or maybe bits of it think it is - there's Hilton Cloud 23, some very nice old pubs and the just off Deansgate places, off the top of my head anything in Spinningfields, then Liars Club, Prohibition and Bijou (which is technically in Salford I think). Locks is still fun though - might be a good start point.

Oxford Road/Princess Street is very studenty being so close to the Uni, and over laps on to Canal Street AKA gay Village. Oxford Road Train Station would be first stop if you are looking for the rock/metal scene.

Then there's Sankeys, which is a nightclub and law unto itself.

The great thing about Manchester is no matter how niche your interest, there is probably a whole bar/club dedicated to it, plus it's all walk-able once you get into the city centre.

Mentioned in this post
Black Dog Ballroom
Black Dog Ballroom
22 Reviews
Manchester, UK
The Printworks
The Printworks
367 Reviews
Manchester, UK
The Deansgate
The Deansgate
91 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Spinningfields
Spinningfields
38 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Liars Club
Liars Club
117 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: 21st birthday night out in manchester

Hi. Definitely check out Lammars in the gay village. Great R&B music, well mixed crowd (no idiots), great cocktails and reasonable prices. www.lammars.co.uk. I have had a great night every single time I have been.

Mentioned in this post
Lammars
Lammars
65 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 21st birthday night out in manchester

If you are staying in the Quays why not try a party boat. Checkout www.hms69.com

5. Re: 21st birthday night out in manchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 27, 2014