We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat and ways to travel near MEN Arena Manchester.

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat and ways to travel near MEN Arena Manchester.

Hi, my daughter and her friend are going to see One Direction in March and we are staying in Central Arena Travelodge. Can anyone recommend anywhere close so we can drop the girls off at the arena and go somewhere to eat that is suitable for kids? Will it be within walking distance, is it easy to travel around with a car or will we need a taxi? Many thanks in advance

Sutton in Craven
Level Contributor
146 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat and ways to travel near MEN Arena Manchester.

Central Arena Travelodge is about 100 yards (literally) from the arena.

There are loads of places to park around there and all will charge you around £5-£6 to park up if there is a gig on at the arena.

It's a 10 minute walk into the city centre from there and you have the usual (huge) choice of restaurants that you would get in any city centre.Should be no need for taxis.

Happy to recommend some of my favourites if you post your preference (Italian, spanish, Indian, Greek ?) and rough budget.

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat and ways to travel near MEN Arena Manchester.

We have a ten year old son with us so it has to be child friendly so I know we will be restricted somewhat. We like most foods but not so much italian. I was looking at The Printworks, is it ok there? Thanks for your reply.

Sutton in Craven
Level Contributor
146 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat and ways to travel near MEN Arena Manchester.

The Printworks is where lots of Stag and Hen parties aim for and if there's a gig on at the Arena it'll be very busy. I wouldn't suggest there if you have a 10 year old.

Somewhere like TGI Fridays in The Royal Exchange (5 mins walk from The Printworks) or Cafe Rouge on Deansgate both would suit a 10 year old.

I you fancy a slightly longer walk go down Deansgate into the Spinningfields area (only about 10-15 mins from the Arena even with a 10 year old). Our 10 year old loves Gourmet Burger Kitchen and there are a couple of other restaurants

http://www.spinningfieldsonline.com/dining

Sutton in Craven
Level Contributor
146 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat and ways to travel near MEN Arena Manchester.

Meant to add that there are loads of independent restaurants if you can convince your 10 year old to give them a try but you generally find that the main "chain" restaurants are the ones that cater best for kids.

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat and ways to travel near MEN Arena Manchester.

Many thanks. I will have a look at them. Thanks for the advice.

6. Re: Places to eat and ways to travel near MEN Arena Manchester.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 22, 2014