We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester to London by private taxi company

Trondheim, Norway
6 posts
Save Topic
Manchester to London by private taxi company

Hi

We are a group of five persons who is travelling from manchester to Heathrow on monday. Since we are so late with booking of tickets the trains and planen are quite expensive. We wondering about hiring a private taxi, do anyone here have som knowledge or experience about this?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,833 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester to London by private taxi company

Don't know what time your flight is but have you checked Megabus & National Express coaches to London Victoria - from there you can take the District Line Tube to Hammersmith, walk across the platform then Piccadilly Line Tube to Heathrow

Trondheim, Norway
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester to London by private taxi company

Departure from Heathrow is 13:05, so we probably have to be at Heathrow one and a half your before.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,494 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester to London by private taxi company

Manchester City football player Mario Balotelli hired a taxi to take him from Manchester to London.

Well, he didn't actually travel in the taxi, he followed behind it in his Maserati GT so he didn't get lost !

It cost him £800 - not sure if that was one way or back from London to Manchester too.

So the OP is looking at least £400, maybe £800.

Trondheim, Norway
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester to London by private taxi company

Haha! Balotelli on new adventures :)

Well i found a site from a company thats called express AirPort transport and there they say that they can drive us all for only 250 pounds. But I dont know if they are trusted :P

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,920 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester to London by private taxi company

I presume you are staying in Manchester Sunday night and travelling down very early on Monday morning? To guarantee to get to Heathrow, in a taxi, by 1130am you will need to leave Manchester at about 0600. The journey will take at least 4 hours, with a possbility of delays which you need to build in to your timings. I can't help think that flying would be better, or going to London on Sunday and staying at an airport hotel near Heathrow.

Anyway, here is a link to the largest taxi outfit in Manchester:

http://www.mantax.co.uk/

and you can ask them for a quote. Note that any taxi, in other words a 'hackney carriage' will be able to take 5 passengers, although 2 of the seats will be pull-down ones and not recommended for a long journey. Many 'private hire' cars are ordinary saloons which will only take 4 passengers. You can of course hire larger private hire vehicles, but that would add to the cost.

Trondheim, Norway
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchester to London by private taxi company

Yes thats the plan, I have tried to search for flights but I think we are a bit to late to getsomething cheap because everything is 80£ or more.. And the site I found with the private taxi was only 50£ per person. And then they pick us up at the hotel in manchester early on monday and drives us all the way to Heathrow. But is to good to be true, what do you guys think? I never tried it so Im little bit sceptic :)

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,279 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchester to London by private taxi company

You can check the vehicle, driver, and operating firm are all licenced Private Hire with Manchester City Council online at

manchester.gov.uk/info/1126/taxi_passenger_i… (look for hackney carriage and private hire register)

There is also a list of (some?) private hire operators at

manchester.gov.uk/info/…4

Trondheim, Norway
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Manchester to London by private taxi company

Oh! Thanks :)

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manchester to London by private taxi company

I don't know the firm, but 250 sounds ok for 5. Four of us caught a taxi from heathrow back to manchester 6 years ago and it cost us £160. Fuel costs have gone through the roof since then and my local taxi firm I use a lot quote 280 one way to heathrow for 5 to 8 people.

10. Re: Manchester to London by private taxi company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, November 06, 2013
Edited: 9:35 am, November 06, 2013