We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Trafford - Red Cafe

Orlando
6 posts
Save Topic
Old Trafford - Red Cafe

First time at Old Trafford - I am meeting friends, we have set location to meet just OUTSIDE of the Red Cafe on matchday...it says it's inside the stadium??? will I be able to get to this location without a ticket in hand (friends have my tickets.) Otherwise any suggestions on where in the vicinity we could meet up. Thanks!

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
5,223 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Trafford - Red Cafe

Yes you can stand outside the Red Cafe without a ticket

Or why not change the location to meet under the statue of Sir Matt Busby which is easy to find , it's on the concourse of the stadium , off Sir Matt Busby Way, near the Munich Clock

Enjoy, seven points clear at the top of the League

Mentioned in this post
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,831 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Trafford - Red Cafe

Hi, just because of layout etc I would suggest not meeting outside Red Cafe entrance (yes, cafe itself is inside the stadium a few floors up) instead choose something a bit more obvious.

I would choose (1) next to the statue of Best, Law & Charlton, all together on a plinth set back 30 yds from the really busy spots adjacent to stadium & megastore or (2) under the Sir Matt Busby statue (though that's a bit busier, near megastore).

Whichever, on a first visit to OT, you should have a look at all those historic statues anyway - hence ideal meeting place for you (other people will be meeting there as well).

Edited: 9:12 am, January 07, 2013
Orlando
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Trafford - Red Cafe

I am planning to visit "the trinity" as well as the new statue of Fergie...Looking forward to beleiving is seeing - The Theatre of Dreams!

Thanks for the suggestions!

4. Re: Old Trafford - Red Cafe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 09, 2014