We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days in Manchester?

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ravenna
2 posts
Save Topic
How many days in Manchester?

Hello!I'll going to visit Manchester in October . My plane arrives on a Saturday night and I'm going to stay Sunday and Monday for sure. My question is: is it enough to visit the town? My idea is to visit the main attractions, maybe some museums, do some shopping. Is it worth staying also another day?

And is it possible to visit some places related to the band Take That? I'm a fan!:-)

Thank you!

Anna

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,188 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days in Manchester?

Two days in Manchester is fine - but you might need an extra day to visit the Trafford Centre if you plan on going there for some shopping.

I don't think they do "Take That Tours" of Manchester yet, but if you like the Smiths then they do a tour of places related to them.

Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days in Manchester?

Two days is fine in manchester, never seen any take that tours, not sure they even have any if the plaques on any buildings to do with take that. i thought they were from stoke?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,188 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days in Manchester?

Robbie Williams is from Stoke-on-Trent (as is Slash from Guns N Roses!)

Gary Barlow is from Frodsham, Cheshire.

Mark Owen is from Oldham.

Howard Donald is from Droylsden, Lancashire.

The only one from Manchester is Jason Orange.

England
Level Contributor
138 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days in Manchester?

As a born & bred Mancunian, I wouldnt say Take that are particularly associated with our city.

Oasis are considered far more Manc,..and a visit to Burnage would take you to their part of town. Take the 96, or 95 bus out of town, and get off at the Mauldeth pub.. Its just round the corner from Mr. Sifters which is still there I believe.

Enjoy the city.

5. Re: How many days in Manchester?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 08, 2013