We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's a thing must do when visit to Manchester - London - P

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
6 posts
Save Topic
What's a thing must do when visit to Manchester - London - P

Hi,

I would like planning have a backpack trip go n visit to Manchester - London - Paris on this coming September

My queries as below :

1) What is a must visit place in London - Paris?

2) What is a best and short way go to visit Stonehene from Manchester or Londo? and how?

2) My schedule as below, would this are sufficient enought?

a) 3 days spend in Manchester

1 day arrived Manchester and looking a hotel or backpack house.

2 day Visit Manchester town and of course Old Traford

3 day Watch a Live match in Old Traford. Departure to London after a football match.

b) 4 days spend in London

1st day arrival London and look for malaysia hall, visit london city

2nd & 3rd day visit london city and stonehenge ( could anyone advise how to get there from London?)

4th day departure to Paris

c) 5 days spend in Paris

1st day arrival in Paris and looking hotel or backpack house

2nd - 4th day visit Paris city.

5th day departure from Paris to KL.

Thank you.

Steve

Burnley
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What's a thing must do when visit to Manchester - London - P

The National Football Museum (Urbis) opens tomorrow in Manchester - that might be worth a visit. It's free to enter.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's a thing must do when visit to Manchester - London - P

Firstly see if you can get tickets for an Old Trafford match...they are not easy.

Secondly get a guide book for London and for Paris so that you can work out what you (not us) would really like to see.

Thirdly search the London forum for information about getting to Stonehenge..it's a fair way from London and is, as you know, just a circle of big stones.

You should arrange accommodation before you arrive...trecking round looking for a hostel is hard work and a waste of your valuable time.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's a thing must do when visit to Manchester - London - P

Seeing a live match at Old Trafford is your biggest challenge and constraint.

There are only two definite home games in September - on 15th and 29th, BUT those dates may change a little bit once TV schedules are finalised.

Dependent on luck of the draw (made in a few weeks) there's a 50/50 chance of a Champions League game in mid Sept as well (a Tues or Wed evening).

And again dependent on luck of the draw later, a 50/50 chance of League Cup match around 26 Sept.

Acquiring tickets is not easy (have a look at historical threads on that topic). Best chance is for League Cup (but ManU unlikley to field its best team for That). Reasonable chance for Champions League, low chance for 29 Sept.

And don't do tour of Old Trafford on day of a game (and preferably not the day before or after as well)

Edited: 2:51 pm, July 05, 2012
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's a thing must do when visit to Manchester - London - P

Hi Steve and welcome to the forums

i think you need to post your requests for London and Paris on the forums for those cities. Most people reading the Manchester forum will be from Manchester or nearby, and may not have the knowledge you require.

Stonehenge is in Southern England, so definitely should be visited from London.

Old Trafford, I agree with the others, unless you already have a guaranteed ticket, you will find it difficult except for a Carling Cup match, which will almost certainly not involve the first (best) team.

Kuala Lumpur...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What's a thing must do when visit to Manchester - London - P

The National Football Museum (Urbis) ? sound interesting...will put it in my list later....thanks = )

Kuala Lumpur...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What's a thing must do when visit to Manchester - London - P

i almost done everything except for Old traford match ticket ( not open sale for public yet )....

Would it expensive if i buy a ground tour there go to visit stonehence & bath?

Kuala Lumpur...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What's a thing must do when visit to Manchester - London - P

yaya, u are right. i quite worry now if i not able to get a match ticket via online. Maybe i had force to buy a VIP package? s that worth?

I already book my flight n plan to watch d match VS Wigan on 15th Sept

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's a thing must do when visit to Manchester - London - P

visiting stonehenge and bath from manchester is NOT a good idea as Bath is around 150m miles or so from Manchester. You would be better going from London as stated previously.

Kuala Lumpur...
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What's a thing must do when visit to Manchester - London - P

Crete,

Thanks for your advise. i will post d query about London & paris in other forum later.

Omg, i already book everything except the match ticket. please wish me good luck then. = (

Would it expensive if i buy a ground tour there go to visit stonehenge & bath?

Kuala Lumpur...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What's a thing must do when visit to Manchester - London - P

You're right, i just noticed that from the website.

Would it expensive if i buy a ground tour there go to visit stonehenge & bath?