We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venue for birthday party

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
863 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Venue for birthday party

Hi there. I'm a bit out of touch with Manchester venues, but I'm looking for a bar/restaurant which has a room available to hire for a private party. Not a private dining room, but a room with a bar, a bit of space for dancing (if anyone is so inclined) that will also serve some food. If it's not too much ask, somewhere which doesn't charge for room hire if you order food for the party and doesn't have a minimum bar spend would be good. It's for 30-40 people early in November.

Thanks in advance.

Bury, Lancashire
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Venue for birthday party

We had a party at The English Lounge a few years ago and would definitely recommend it. We booked upstairs, which has it's own bar.

12. Re: Venue for birthday party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:29 pm, January 22, 2015
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Venue for birthday party

BarBars are free to hire! The one on Deansgate Locks is lively.

London, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Venue for birthday party

You should do all in your home as per my suggestion because it will create more happiness

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Venue for birthday party

It's preferable to do in your home but if you are unable to do that then must hire services of others

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
863 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Venue for birthday party

Guys - some TA etiquette here please! This was my original post back in June 2012 which someone resurrected in April this year and which has since been 'hijacked' by another poster.

As a result, I am getting notified whenever someone posts a response. Please if you have a query related to someone else's question, either PM the poster who has provided useful info or start a new, separate query.

FYI, we had the party in November 2012. At home.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Venue for birthday party

You can stop the notifications, on a link in the TA e-mail.

18. Re: Venue for birthday party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 23, 2014