We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada Studio Tour for "Coronation Street"

Alberta, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Granada Studio Tour for "Coronation Street"

Can anyone please tell me if the studio is open for tours. We will be in Manchester in June - July and would love to visit the studio.

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada Studio Tour for "Coronation Street"

The studio tours stopped operating several years ago I'm afraid.

Kerry, Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada Studio Tour for "Coronation Street"

I went to the Corrie set a good few years ago and absolutley loved it. Am returning to Manchester soon and wanted to bring my fiancee to see Corrie cos she is any even bigger fan than me! We are very dissapointed, please can someone tell me why oh why have they stopped them? Is the rest of the Granada "theme park" still there and still open?

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Granada Studio Tour for "Coronation Street"

They stopped them when they increased the number of episodes each week. There probably isn't enough time between filming for the public to wander round.

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
470 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Granada Studio Tour for "Coronation Street"

And no, the Granada Studio tour isn't open either.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Granada Studio Tour for "Coronation Street"

We are several months behind the UK. I'm not sure how much more I can take of Shelley being locked up in her bedroom.

Very disappointed with the increasingly sordid story lines.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Oh, for the days of Ena Sharples and her crew!!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Granada Studio Tour for "Coronation Street"

Just watched tonight's episode. Shelley has had her facelift, has two black eyes and is being dragged (literally) by Charlie off to Scotland.

Will it ever end?!!!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Granada Studio Tour for "Coronation Street"

I worked at the Studios for a couple of years and was there when it closed. It basically was not making enough money. So it became a venue for private hire. However, this too did not make enough money so it closed to the publin in 2001. My suggestion is to ring the Studios and ask for corporate affairs. They may be able to help.

Stockport, England
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Granada Studio Tour for "Coronation Street"

if you go to the museum of science and industry in Manchester (entry free of charge) and go to the top floor of the main building and peer out the window next to the vortex/tornado display you will looking directly at les battersby's house. It's unfortunatly as close as you will get to the set, but do take the time to enjoy the museum!

manchester england
Level Contributor
703 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Granada Studio Tour for "Coronation Street"

senior 65

dont watch it thats the answer i dont

Durham
Level Contributor
3,932 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Granada Studio Tour for "Coronation Street"

Oh wow - I didn't realise they didn't do this anymore......that's a shame.....anyone see Most Haunted when the crew were there?