We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cresta court

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
246 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
cresta court

any review about cresta court at manchseter airport

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cresta court

I'm afraid not. Although the only Cresta Court I know is in Altrincham, which is NOT Manchester airport. Although it might advertise itself as an airport hotel, it's a good 15-30 minute drive away (depending on time of travel). I'd guess it would cost up to £15 in a taxi.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cresta court

Nothing to add to what I said about it previously. It's main problem for what you need is that it's just too far away from the airport.

Have you seen the TripAdvisor reviews here:

http://tinyurl.com/my4q3

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
246 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cresta court

retep68 ,the cresta court hotel in altrincham

UK
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cresta court

The only Cresta is in Altrincham. If you would like some feedback on that hotel, let me know and I will reply!

UK
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cresta court

Hi, the Cresta is ok!

It looks grubby from the outside (imho)it seems to have looked exactly the same for at least 30 years. Inside is ok, the food is average at best (they use pre-prepared food so if you want a small change to say a sauce they can't do it).

Haven't ever stayed - but that's maybe me being fussy. The staff have always seemed nice and willing enough to try their best to accomodate any special requirements.

To get to the airport you can get a taxi or from Altrincham station get a tube to Piccadilly or Deans Gate and then onto the airport - takes about an hour and the trains run regularly. A cheap day ticket per adult will cost £2.65 or for a standard day ticket it will cost £4.15.

Carey :0)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cresta court

Have you been there recently Traveltramp? The outside was refurbished a couple of years back and smartened up a lot.

IMHO the best way by public transport to the airport isn't the tram/train combination but a bus - number 19A from Altrincham bus station straight to the airport. Scheduled journey time is 45 minutes.

UK
Level Contributor
541 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: cresta court

Hi Cheshire cat - yep, I was there last september for meal etc after a funeral and just before christmas for a business meeting - (well it was more a working lunch-lol) - I get up that way when I can as I have family in Timperley and I own a house in the village.

I forgot about the buses, you'd think someone who used public transport as much as me would remember the good old bus-lol.

Quite handy because if you missed the bus or train you know you can easily catch the other with the bus and train station being the same thing, sort off! - I think the train via Deansgate is about 50 mins whereas via Piccadilly would take just over the hour.

:0)

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
246 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cresta court

teenyuk the cresta court hotel in altrincham

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cresta court

Hi

I recently stayed at the cresta and booked it through my travel agents specifically for use as an airport hotel (as oppossed to booking it direct as a standard room package). Got a great price for a decent product to be fair. Seemed to be a varity of prices out there, but the one that included transfers was important to me. Paid about £60 for room with transfer which I thought was great value!

In terms of distance - really didn't make that much difference to me as I had transfers provided by airport hotel company I booked it with.