We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian meal

Cardiff
Level Contributor
120 posts
41 reviews
Italian meal

Staying at Macdonald Townhouse and going to see Peter Kay @ MENA Oct. 1st

Any suggestions of a nice meal, either Italian or restaurant that caters for all

Regards

Taffy

Manchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
245 reviews
1. Re: Italian meal

Loads of good restaurants in Manchester,Rosso (Rio Ferdinands place) is Italian in a great buliding ,very reasonable ,food is o.k and good menu that will cover all the bases.

But I like Browns just close by,good menu,once again in a fabulous building and reasonable,book first in both places.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
92 reviews
2. Re: Italian meal

Hi

Pop down to Oxford Street and try Don Giovannis I don't think you will be dissapointed. http://www.dongiovannis.co.uk/.

As your on Portland Street your just across the road from China Town where you will be spoilt for choice.

Have a good trip

Manchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
245 reviews
3. Re: Italian meal

Yea sorry have a great time in Manchester.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
351 reviews
4. Re: Italian meal

The two best Italians in Manchester are considered to be San Carlo and Stock. I would not recommend Stock but would say that San Carlo just off Deansgate (so only a short walk to the MEN) is very very good. Food is fantastic. It will be busy of your there on a weekend so maybe book in advance.

In terms of other around, Don Giovannis is very average in my opinion but is a bit of a walk to the MEN so not worth it.

Dough in the northern quarter (5 mins to MEN) is very good also and prior to moving to Manchester I went here a couple of times before going to the MEN and have a very good meal and the staff were very good when we said we were going to the arena so made sure everything was ready on time etc.

Other suggestions close to the MEN would be East Z East, a top Indian which is cheapish (5 mins walk) as well as a whole host of standard places (Zizi, pizza express, tampopo, nandos, chiqitos etc) which are 2 mins from the MEN.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
119 reviews
5. Re: Italian meal

my fave Piccolinos..without a doubt the best..

Avoid san carlo overrated.- footballers and celebs welcome...and get the best service....normal people not so much/...

Rosso - so so...pricey..

don gios is not too bad..

piccolinos... you will love it..

Edited: 5:47 am, July 11, 2011
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
494 posts
130 reviews
6. Re: Italian meal

I agree with the above, picollinos is ace! I also like don marco although is at the opp end of deansgate to the MEN so may not be as conveniant.

Manchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
245 reviews
7. Re: Italian meal

Dont agree with your prices at Rosso thought they were very reasonable and we are tight !!!,food just ok though.

Halifax
Level Contributor
286 posts
226 reviews
8. Re: Italian meal

Croma, simple, tastey, good value & a 10 minute walk to MEN, you cannot book on a weekend I believe.

9. Re: Italian meal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 05, 2012