We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport

Hi could anyone tell me about how much a taxi would be from Man.airport to travel lodge ancoates 4 people

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport

Hi,

Private hire would be about £25. Black cab about £35.

Cheers

Pete

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport

Hi again how much would the train or bus cost

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport

Hi,

There's little point in using the bus to the city centre, the train is far superior. The train fare is £3.50, before 6:30pm and £1.80 after 6:30pm. The trains are very frequent.

Good luck!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,477 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from airport

www.worldtaximeter.com/manchester

Manchester, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,508 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from airport

Get the train its a doddle,regular fast and right into the heart of the city,we live here and wouldn't dream of getting a taxi,but that form of transport would cost you 25 notes (rip off)

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from airport

Train is better during the day as its cheap and there are lots of them but i got a taxi from the airport to MEN arena at 2.30am in the morning yesterday and it cost me £15 (with downtown taxis if your interested) so don't know where the suggestions of £25 are coming from. There would be a 5/10 mins walk to the travelodge from the train station so for 4 of you to share a cab would be the best bet if you can get the price i did or anything £20 or under.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from airport

The 'suggestions' of £25 are coming from taxi website quotes. Well done for getting £15 though (at 2.30 in the morning with virtually no traffic on the roads).

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from airport

Train is certainly the way to go, but it's a bit of a hike from Piccadilly to Great Ancoats Street especially if you have luggage. The building which houses the Travelodge used to be a Social Security office where I worked when I first left college, I used to run all the way from Piccadilly bus station when I was late for work and it used to nearly kill me. I would suggest cutting through the back streets for quickest way to get there if you intend to walk from Piccadilly train station. Google maps might help.

wilmslow
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from airport

Arrowcars, at each terminal, all cars are silver and they have booking booths at each terminal. 20 pound for a car anywhere in city centre, and 30 pound for a 7seater.

uk
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from airport

I would not recommend Arrow Cars. They have a real shortage of cars and you can have to wait for quite a while, 25 minutes for me last time which of course they never told me about when I paid (which you have to do in advance (never again).

Yes, it's £20 to the city centre but a black cab the week later only cost £22.

Worth the extra £2 for not having to wait!