We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2011 Community Shield Tickets

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
10 posts
19 reviews
2011 Community Shield Tickets

I understand the Community Shield tickets are not on sale yet - can someone advise how hard it will be to get four tickets to this event. We are visiting UK at that time and are not members of the club.

The other option is the England Holland game - but there seems to be lots of tickets available - why is there lower interest for this game?

Any advices would be great!

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
149 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: 2011 Community Shield Tickets

The Community Shield match will be between Man City and Man United, so tickets will be at a absolute premium, and no doubt very expensive. If you are not a member of any club then i am afraid your only option will be to buy from the "touts" but i will imagine a pair will cost 600 pound, you may wish consider the option of just watching it on a TV in a nice "pub by the river" with great food and even if the bill for 2 comes to 100 pound, then you are still "in pocket"

The England Holland game will be as always a let down, why people go and watch England is beyond me, i am a patriotic English man but when it comes to the National Football Team they constantly fail to perform. Anyway it is your decision, and i hope you enjoy your stay, what ever you decide.

East Midlands
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: 2011 Community Shield Tickets

Also, England Vs Holland is just a "friendly" game so you can expect little passion on the field and lots of substitutions. It is also the case that some of the big name players (on either side) may not play or, if they do, may not play for long.

A friendly is, to all intents and purposes, a bit like a pre-season warm up game and there is nothing at stake in respect of the result ... not even national pride despite what the media says.

No-one, other than the tabloid journalists and the accountants at the FA, takes international friendlies seriously - that includes the fans, the players and the manager.

(From GingerChimp - the "not at all jaded with the sorry excuse that top level football has become" monkey.)

Edited: 5:43 am, June 14, 2011
3. Re: 2011 Community Shield Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, July 15, 2011
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: 2011 Community Shield Tickets

I have to imagine that there will be plenty of tickets available for the Community Shield.

It's a friendly at Wembley so nearly 300 miles away for both teams (don't give me the 'jokes' that MUFC fans live in London) and comes at the beginnning of the season when interest is never that high. Plus, both sets of teams have been to Wembley twice in the last few months.

Demand will be high but my best guess says that it will not be a complete sell-out.

5. Re: 2011 Community Shield Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, October 03, 2012