We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to eat

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
place to eat

Hi

I'm in manchester this sunday with my girlfriend, i want somewhere nice to take her for a meal. I'm away wirking on valentines day so i want to surprise her sunday. Thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: place to eat

I visited for 4 days in December and can heartily recommend any of The Market Restaurant (nice quirky place with simple but great food and beers), EastzEast (for an Indian) or Koreana (for well I am sure you can guess!- but is really nice and offers a variation on your typical Chinese/indian).

that's my tuppence worth based on my visit which was helpfully advised by regular users of this forum (that's NFMac and ThomoftheNorth)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place to eat

Consider Le Petit Blanc (just off the upper part of King Street). Stylish decor, good service, interesting French food (restaurant is linked with chef Raymond Blanc). Open all day Sunday, but recommend you book. The prix fixe menu all day (until 7pm ?) is surprisingly good value - but if you want to 'push the boat out' to impress the girlfriend the a la carte would suit even better.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
238 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: place to eat

If you fancy an Italian try Piccalinos, off Albert Square. Generally regarded as the best in Manchester. Nice food, reasonably priced. Never had any complaints.

The Groucho Grill just off Deansgate is also worth a visit as are Restaurant Bar & Grill and Beluga.

Theres four to be thinking about!