We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Motion Car Rental

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
10 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Green Motion Car Rental

Green Motion Car Rental advertises itself as a green company. The only green thing I experienced was my liver's colour after dealing with them - at first with the Manchester Airport branch, then with their headquarter. First, all sort of inconveniences with one of their employees: credit card charged for the whole deposit; reimbursement received very late (one day before the bank would have blocked my card!) and only after about 30 between phone calls and emails; deposit not reimbursed in full, because of not well specified exchange rate fluctuations; threats received from an employee; lies from the company; etc. etc. A very interesting aspect was the fact the Managing Director wrote me personally to apologize about all of that and offered me plenty of apologies but also the missing reimbursement and a free rental for my next visit to Manchester. That was nice and I accepted the offer but guess what? No follow up, no answers, no action. never received was I was promised and the Managing Director, just like the rest of this clown company, disappeared in the dark. Any others expereinced that with our Green friends?

Stockholm
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

this company are cowboys. just check out the reviews on this site

croydon
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Have just rented a car from greenmotion Croydon ,had the car for 10 days Thay where great brand new car 10 min to check car out and 10 to check car back.deposit refunded there and then. Staff at Croydon could not be more helpfull. One of the best car rentals I have ever hade

3. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:01 pm, August 22, 2015
Perth Western...
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

We hired a car for a day to enable us to drive around Gatwick area to find a car to buy....found a car and then discovered very difficult for non UK resident to insure a car in UK/France/Spain....dilema. Green Motion quickly came to our rescue. We got an excellent long term rate, all organised very quickly, very helpful staff (especially Rob, Gatwick, Branch).

This would have to be one of the best service companies I have dealt with. We travel a lot, Have had lots of experience with terrible car hire companies but honestly this car hire was excellent. Car was clean, near new and just right for us.

We couldn't be more impressed.

Cheers

David from Perth, West Australia.

Leigh, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

I hired a car for two weeks and was very impressed by the service and quality of vehicle, Was given a free upgrade, The car was new and had no problems. Deposit was refunded to my card the same day that it was returned. I will certainly use them again

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,041 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Too many One Post Wonders praising the service of Green Motion. For what it's worth, I rented a car from Green Motion at Bristol airport last weekend and my experience of them wasn't bad at all. I rang the office to tell them we had arrived and they collected us and took us back to their office nearby. This was a minor inconvenience as it would have been easier renting from one of the airport based firms.

The paperwork was more onerous than other companies and they asked for my paper counterpart licence which I have never been asked for before. As I didn't have it, they had to phone the DVLC to check if I had any points. This was a premium rate call apparently and I got charged heavily for it. To be fair, when renting a car, the company should be made aware fo any points on the licence so I won't knock them for that.

The car was checked thoroughly for damage and I was given a copy of the damage report which again, I rarely get from other companies. The car was thoroughly checked again when I returned it and they were satisfied that I hadn't added any extra scratches. Again, can't fault them on this point.

I am waiting for my credit card statement to see what extras I have been charged. They already took a deposit and charged me again when I picked the car up.

To summarise, they are more thorough than other companies, the car was perfectly good, 11 reg Fiat Punto, and the service was fine. If I get whacked for more charges, I will be reporting that on here.

Not a 'One Post Wonder'

7. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:33 am, July 24, 2012
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,041 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

Andy K - It's the same with hotel reviews and rental scams. Wherever there is a criticism of a hotel or flat rental, there always appears a handful of first time posters praising the place. Of course, some of them may be genuine, but generally this isn't the case. Mostly it's blatantly obvious that these first time posters are actually owners or staff of these places. There have been other instances of this happening in posts about Green Motion recently so any posts praising the service tends to get treated with a large pinch of salt.

As a long time poster on TA, I felt it would help balance the view of this company.

The reason I spend time on here helping visitors to the UK is because I am 'out in the real world' and regularly stay in hotels, rent cars and eat in restaurants so I can pass on my advice.

Edited: 6:22 am, August 09, 2011
Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

I would like to say that I have just used Green Motion at Heathrow over Xmas. Had a car for three weeks. Staff were excellent. friendly and helpful. Car rate was very cheap. car was excellent.

Fully reccomend.

Nowra, NSW
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Green Motion Car Rental

For what it's worth - last time we were in the UK \(Christmas 2 yrs back), we booked our car through Economycarrentals & it happened to be with Greenmotion. Got to Manchester Airport - no car. No computer records BUT finally Gm found a paper trail that matched my documentation.

It took a while, but they did get us on the road, first with a small hatch for a couple of days (nothing else available just before Christmas) & then with a 7 seater similar to what we'd booked; both from a different company and both at NO additional expense to us. From what I saw, they took a fair bit of time & trouble on our behalf. The original situation was a nightmare, but it ended up being resolved pretty well.

I intend to use Greenmotion again, but probably not the original booking agency. Cheers