We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chinese take-away

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester...
8 posts
Save Topic
Chinese take-away

Maybe a contradiction in terms, but can anyone suggest a good Chinese take-away in Manchester (preferably close to Stretford)?

I have a craving for a good Chinese meal, and was all set to go to Red Chilli, but with a grizzly 9-month old I may have to settle for staying in.

UK
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chinese take-away

Hi,

I live in Partington and can recommend 2 that I know of!

The first one is:

Yuit Loung Fish & Chips Chinese Food

95, Oak Rd, Urmston, Manchester, Lancashire M31 4LD

Tel: 0161 775 7476

I use them and they deliver - the food is gorgeous and really reasonable, plus the chips are yummy!

The second one is:

Number 1 Chinese Takeaway

12, Brooklands Rd, Brooklands, Sale, Cheshire M33 3SQ

Tel: 0161 962 2328

They dont deliver and they get really REALLY busy at the weekend but for good reason. Bit more expensive but really really good food!

A tip: Phone your order through before you go, the phone may ring for an age but they will pick up and it saves you a long wait when you get there!!

Enjoy!

Manchester...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chinese take-away

Thanks for that - I'll try the Brooklands one.

(I'm definitely not going out after today's result...)

Manchester
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chinese take-away

There is a small local chain of takeaways called 'Oriental Express', which started just of Chapel St in Salford, and also has sites in Northeden.

You'll be pleased to hear they now have a site on Stretford Road, about halfway between Old Trafford and the Urmston turning.

They are not the BEST takeaways ever, but when I used to frequent them there were certainly pretty good. I also have a feeling they might deliver?

If you can be bothered getting in the car though I have a much better option:

Red Chilli do a (virtually unadvertised) takeaway service off the whole menu, and I have used it on several occassions. For that matter, most of the better places in Chinatown do takeaway, up to and including the Yang Sing.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Thom

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chinese take-away

I regularly get take-aways from Chinatown. The New Emperor's good...more expensive than a 'normal' take-away but worth it.

And...there's the added benefit of having a quick Chinese beer whilst you're waiting!

Also...I went to Tai Pan (on Upper Brook Street) with my little boy when he was around the same age. The food's good and the staff were superb. Not an eye-brow was raised when the food started to go everywhere and he started making noise.

It's never a stress free experience eating out with very young kids but I've found Chinese restaurants particularly welcoming...particularly in Chinatown on a Sunday lunch when loads of Chinese families bring their own young kids out for a meal.

And...for a curry, the Sangam in Rusholme is great with kids. And good food as well.