We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston Trip

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
2 posts
Save Topic
Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston Trip

Can anyone tell me what is the ticket pricing like if I book through the trainonline.com? Is the ticket cost 26 pound or 52 pound per person?

Thank you.

GB
Level Contributor
151 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston Trip

Most of the train websites show you the out and return parts of a journey separately, but on the same page. You have to add the two ticket prices together for the total journey cost. If you have entered the number of people travelling and the select specific journeys, they give the total price for everyone travelling in your party. Whatever the price is, when you go through to pay it will tell you exactly what you have selected before you have to give payment card details.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston Trip

Hi, Use this site to purchase your tickets, it is simple to use and they accept overseas credit cards.

http://www.nationalexpress.com/index_.html

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston Trip

If you book a specific train time you would probably get the ticket a lot cheaper, also, book through Virgin as you will not have to pay a booking charge. You will be asked to set up an account with Virgin, but its free.

london
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston Trip

Hello Saggittaurus www.nationalrail.co.uk click on advance fares for cheapest tickets also avoid travelling at the weekend as services may be delayed due to long term engineering work

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston Trip

I had MAJOR problems with booking Virgin with an oversea's credit card. Their customer service told me that I could "just get a ticket the day I travel".

Personally I prefer to do it in advance and save lots of money! I had no problems with National Rail.

Manchester
Level Contributor
780 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston Trip

Some rail fares have been simplified in the UK. This means that there are standard peak and off peak fares, which are unrestricted other than by peak hours. Off peak to London means travel after 9:30 am, and the walk up far is EXACTLY the same as the online fare at £62.40 (the anytime fare is £230.00). This allows you to return on ANY off peak train.

If you can fix your time of travel exactly you can get much cheaper fares by booking with Wirgin direct at www.virgintrains.co.uk. Note that many people I know have got much cheaper fares here than through other booking sites such as thetrainline. In fact the lowest (but hard to get) Virgin fare is £1 each way if you have the ticket sent to your mobile.

7. Re: Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, October 14, 2009