We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quirky hotels

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Quirky hotels

Hi. I'm coming to Manchester for a couple of nights in mid-May and wondering where to stay. Ideally I'd like somewhere a bit more quirky/boutiquey than I anticipate a chain hotel like the Radisson would be - and a bit cheaper (say no more than £100 per night). Does anyone have suggestions?

London
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Quirky hotels

Should have said that I'd want somewhere in the city centre. Thanks!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quirky hotels

I think the only true boutique hotel in the city centre is the Great John Street hotel. It's not cheap though, I don't think you'd find rooms for around £100 (more like £200 plus), worth checking for offers though I guess.

I think the new Abode hotel will be open by then. Then there's the Malmaison and City Inn - all small chains, so might fit your requirements. Again not cheap though :(

Sorry that's not too much help! Hopefully someone else can suggest something that better suits your needs.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quirky hotels

Hi, you may want to consider the Mitre Hotel, next to Manchester Cathedral. It is a quirkey hotel, but clean and friendly staff. It is also handy for Slefridges, the Manchester wheel, the Cathedral itself, and Harvey Nichols. You can google it under Mitre Hotel, Manchester. I hope you find it a good experience.

Regards, Tanner833.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quirky hotels

The Mitre is certainly quirky and OK for a quick drink when you're shopping if everywhere else is standing room only and you don't want to use the ladies. I've never seen one of the rooms there but if the rest of the place is anything to go by I wouldn't want to. I suppose it would cost less than £100 a night though.

On a serious note I doubt that you will get anything decent for under £100 a night apart from the chains, Ibis, Premier Lodge, Travelodge etc. How much time will you be spending in your hotel room anyway?

england
Level Contributor
205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quirky hotels

If you go through an internet booking service like the one on here, or laterooms etc, you should be able to get the Abode (formerly Rossetti) or the City Inn for around £90-£100. Malmaison might be a little bit more. The Arora also gets good-ish reviews but I've never stayed there.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quirky hotels

... just thought, the Yang Sing is opening a hotel very soon. I believe it's supposed to be 'boutique', might be worth looking into that.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
312 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quirky hotels

The Ox hotel / bar/ restaurant in Castlefield is on the quirky side...

8. Re: Quirky hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, September 23, 2009