We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go on Saturday night?

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go on Saturday night?

Stopping overnight on Saturday, going to see The Wedding Singer in the afternoon. Staying at the Radisson was wondering which area of Manchester me and the wife should go to for a drink on Saturday night. Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go on Saturday night?

More info - age range? Price? what are you looking for? Cocktails / real ale / traditional pubs / latest bar to be seen in / coolest place - just about everything is covered in the city centre. Just depends on what YOU (and the wife) want.

As well as replies here, you might want to look at:

www.manchesterbars.com

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go on Saturday night?

Sorry, we are both in our 30ies. This will be our third time to Manchester, went to Deansgate locks about 5 years ago. Last year went to see Will Young at MEN had a couple of drinks on Deansgate and ended up I think in Brannigans. This year after looking on manchesterbars was thinking of going round The Town Hall area or The Northern Quarter. Just want a nice atmosphere and a good drink. Many Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go on Saturday night?

Northern Quarter is best imo:

Trof

Odd

Socio Rehab (great cocktails)

Bluu

Walrus (new, I've not been, looks good though)

NQ is quite mixed, Bluu and Walrus (I think) are quite smart, Trof and Odd just very good unpretentious bars/pubs.

Town Hall area is very handy if you're staying at the Radisson Edwardian though:

Chaophraya

Bacchanlia

Room

Those are fairly smart (still casual) places (good to go to any of those is you want to eat as well - I've had great meals at all three).

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go on Saturday night?

Many Thanks, is the Northern Quarter walkablefrom the Raddisson?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go on Saturday night?

Yes, it is walkable. About 10-15 minutes.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go on Saturday night?

Hi

May I suggest Lime bar and slug and lettuce opp town hall, few mins away from radisson hotel, I will be there saturday night also, is great for people in there late 20s 30s, I m37 so ideal for me, great cocktails in slug and lettuce and lime bar has a cool funky atmosphere, not rowdy at all.

Enjoy Saturday night wherever you go..

Barnsley, United...
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go on Saturday night?

What is the dress code for both areas. Can you wear jeans? Many thanks looking forward to Saturday.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go on Saturday night?

Jeans are OK for both areas. Safest to wear smart jeans. A lot of places are fine with (smart) trainers nowadays as well - I think it's only the likes of Panacea, some Deansgate locks bars and Cloud23 that are arsed about people wearing trainers.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to go on Saturday night?

Hi

In slug and lettuce, and lime bar, My boyfriend wears jeans with either trndy adiddas trainers or shoes, you should be fine, not being overdressed.

Enjoy

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
908 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to go on Saturday night?

a useful site is - manchester.com which has links and addresses etc.

or use the local paper site

manchestereveningnews.co.uk