We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trainers??!!

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wrexham, north wales
Level Contributor
126 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trainers??!!

staying at the mcdonald manchester hotel this fri night. we're going shopping in the day then at night we'd like to go for a meal and few drinks - nothing wild just a couple of beers before heading back to the hotel.

from this forum, i've been recommended piccolinos which we fancy. however, my husband got told by a friend yesterday that if he wears trainers he won't get into alot of bars depending on what area of manchester we're in.

so.......... does anyone know if the bars around piccolinos will accept trainers?!

he just doesn't "do" shoes!!!!!!!!

thanks, xx

galway
Level Contributor
233 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trainers??!!

Hi Danni,

I doubt very much if any of the restaurants except for the really fancy ones would stop ye!As long as he isnt wearing bright white ones i cant see ye have any problems!Buy him a pair of really comfortable shoes then you might convert him!

Another really nice Italian is Don Giovanis down Oxford street,good luck!

manchester
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
632 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trainers??!!

i can't think of anywhere they refuse trainers, except at the top of the hilton.

best area for drinking is the northern qtr although mr.thomas's and sam's chop houses are good on friday nights for a chilled booze.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trainers??!!

If you head to the Northern Quarter after eating (about 10 minute walk - or just jump in a cab and ask for Odd or Trof on Thomas Street) - you should be fine - vast majority of places around the northern quarter won't be arsed about trainer/shoes etc...

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trainers??!!

hi

I know for sure you can where smart trainers in lime where I reularly go and also think in slug n lettuce as long as there trendy typ trainers, my fella wheres trendy adidas trainers and he is fine, as long as he does not where trackies and hoodies!! chav type which I am sure he is not.piccolinos you will be fine also.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
347 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trainers??!!

It all depends on the doormen at most bars, during the week i would say you would have no problems but a Friday night no chance. Manchester is buzzing on a Fri and Sat with no shortage of customers so doormen can be picky who they let in. It all depends what type of night you want if you just want a quiet drink in a pub fine but if you want a bit of an atmosphere and a dance in the main stream bars ie Brannigans,square bar,Chicago Rock etc then shoe or boots are a must. And white trainers are more often than not a no no!.

6. Re: Trainers??!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, September 19, 2009