We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swieqi
11 posts
Save Topic
Manchester

Can anyone help me what to do in Manchester with a family of 2 kids (9 and 7 years)

Swieqi
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester

I dont know if Liverpool would be better than Manchester for 5 days. Please advise?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester

There's about as much to do in both places. Maybe split your time between the two?

In Manchester:

Shops and shopping in the city centre and Trafford centre (maybe not great for kids).

Museums - Urbis, Science and Industry, City Art Gallery (all those 3 have good stuff for kids).

Big wheel

At Salford Quays (Eccles tram, about 10 minutes from the city centre):

Lowry Centre

Imperial War Museum

Manchester United - Museum and ground tour.

Trips out to Chester, Knutsford (Tatton Park), Lyme Park.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,709 posts
1,729 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester

I would say Manchester would be better but then again I am more familiar with the city. Plenty of attractions there for the children in terms of museums etc.

But you can also do day trips to Liverpool as well by train.

Also just to add to the previous poster. The Artificial ski slope next to Trafford Centre is now open.

Oslo
Level Contributor
99 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester

I don't know Manchester, but my 9 year old daughter love Liverpool and want to keep going back.

We go on the Duckmarine, walk around the docks, visit museums (last time we went, the World museum had a Wallace and Gromit exhibition which she loved), and, she loves the shops!

I'm just about to visit Manchester (on my own), and I'm sure that's a great place too!

By the way, I've stayed in several different hotels in Liverpool, but the only one I can really recommend, is the Holiday Inn, right in the city centre.

5. Re: Manchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 14, 2009