We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Which Manchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

Anybody got a handle on the top restaurants in the City Centre at the moment? My wife and I are staying over tommorrow night (Friday) after some Xmas shopping and we're staying at the Lowry, we ate at Obsisdian last year and enjoyed it, was considering the restaurant at Harvey Nicks, any thoughts?

Thanks,

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

Stock is a gorgeous restaurant, serving Italian food with a difference in a lovely building. Friday nights they usually have a live singer who circles the room...amazing! Gaucho Grill is fantastic, atmosphere can be a little dull but Friday's the best night to go as they often have a dj. Serves the best Argentian steaks around! Lounge 10 is a really cosy restaurant tucked away, but is sumptuous inside and food is delish! Particularly keen on the ladies powder room with a fortune teller/palm reader! I think you may struggle to get into a lot of these places as there are a lot of Xmas parties at the moment. Have a great time!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

I haven't eaten at the restuarant at Harvey Nicols but, I've only ever seen good/excellent reviews for it.

My personal favourite at the moment is Luso on Bridge Street (handy for the Lowry).

Gaucho Grill and Grill on the Alley are both very good as well. Also, Lounge 10 is nice; particularly for a nice romantic meal for two ;)

Wherever you decide, I'd suggest booking ASAP!

Cheers

Pete

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
8,305 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Have you considered the Lowry Hotel's own River Restaurant ? It won chef of the year last year.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Oh and the new restaurant at Urbis has been getting some good reviews.....

The Modern:

restaurantsofmanchester.com/british/modern.h…

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

Hi

My fave as always is El rincons tapas the best in manchester, and aslo 2nd to that is piccolinos, lovely italian restaurant they might fit you in, ettore the maitre de is brilliant, food is amazing, el rincons very popular, you might have a wait.

I was in manchester for my works do last friday night and it was packed out, because of xmas works parties, we were around town hall area in slug n lettuce.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Guys, thanks for your responses, I have been to El Rincon before, it was very authentic Spanish, and yes it was packed when I was in there, but I've (somehow) managed to get in at Luso's the Portuguese restaurant,and then we're off to the Printworks, so we're looking forward to great night out and some much needed retail therapy for Mrs M!!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

Let us know what you think of Luso.

As I've said, it's been my favourite for the last year. Food and service are always top notch (imho).

Hope you have a good time.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

Just got back, had a lovely time, regarding Luso I have to say the food and service was excellent, the staff were very attentative and everyting was fine, BUT I have to say I found it expensive overall. My wife had the fillet steak, not the biggest piece ever served by a long way and at £26 without anything else, her main course alone cost over £30 and the bill ended up not far short of £100 for the two of us.

So all in all I'd say the place is fine but I've paid less at a Michelin starred place.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

Hi

Im sorry to hear it was expensive, Steak in piccolinos is around 18 quid and well worth it, thats why whenever anyone says to me try gaucho grill for steak I always tell them not on your nelly piccolinos wins hands down and I thought piccolinos was expensive.. well worth the 65 quid for drinks starters mains and sides infact I love it that much im going new year...

10. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 pm, September 15, 2009