We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MEN Arena, Parking in walking distance but not too close!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,717 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
MEN Arena, Parking in walking distance but not too close!

Off to see Take That this week and i know that arena car parks after a show are normally a nightmare to get out of. Was thinking of parking somewhere in walking distance without being on the doorstep to avoid the crowds, any suggestions?

Usually when i visit Manchester it's to visit friends who live in the Northern Quarter and park at Church Street/Chapel Street (something like that!), would this be an ok distance from the MEN?

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MEN Arena, Parking in walking distance but not too close!

It's a very good alternative. There's also free street parking (often quite scarce) after 6.00 around this area.

I generally eat/drink in the Northern Quarter before and after a concert. It's only five minutes walk past Sudehill and the Printworks and you're there.

One word of warning...when you leave you're 'herded' out of whichever exit you're nearest to and you may end up on completely the 'wrong' side of the Arena. No big problem; you just have to figure out where you are.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,240 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MEN Arena, Parking in walking distance but not too close!

Probably a 10 minute walk away. I wouldn't find that too far unless of course it's raining. From memory Church Street is one of the cheaper car parks - so good on the pocket too.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,717 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MEN Arena, Parking in walking distance but not too close!

Thanks guys, looks like it's a plan!

4. Re: MEN Arena, Parking in walking distance but not too close!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 13, 2009