We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Storage

Ruhr Valley
Level Contributor
189 posts
115 reviews
Luggage Storage

Hi,

I just booked four nights at Travelodge Manchester Central.

My flight is really early, so I´ll be in Manchester at about 9:30 in the morning, arriving at Chorlton Street Coach Station.

I am aware that check-in is at 3 pm and that Travelodges generally do not offer free luggage storage.

Their website only says that they offer early check-in at additional charge of 10 Pounds. Travelling on a tight buget I do not want to pay an extra 10 Pound. Does anybody know if they offer luggage storage and how much it is?

What other alternatives are there in Manchester city centre for luggage storage? I checked the Website of Victoria Station (which is quite close to the hotel), but couldn´t find anything about luggage storage.

Would be great if you could help me.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Luggage Storage

There is nothing at Victoria, your best bet is to take the free Number 1 shuttle bus (orange line) from Chorlton Street up to Manchester Piccadilly where there is a branch of the Left Luggage Company (On Platform 10). I'm not sure what they charge though.

There used to be lockers at the coach station, but since the security alerts, these have been removed now.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
82 reviews
2. Re: Luggage Storage

Left luggage at Manchester Piccadilly railway station is now run by the Excess Baggage Company. They do not put their charges on their website, but in London are charging £6.50 for upto 24 hours.

Ruhr Valley
Level Contributor
189 posts
115 reviews
3. Re: Luggage Storage

Thanks! It sounds as if it´s going to be complicated and/or expensive.

Could anybody tell me about their experiences of the Travelodges willingness to store luggage at a charge? If it´s pricey anyway, it would be easier to leave it at the hotel.

4. Re: Luggage Storage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, September 09, 2009