We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for a hen night in Manchester in June

Inverness
4 posts
Save Topic
Advice for a hen night in Manchester in June

I am organising a hen night for 14 of us in June. Never been to Manchester before and need some advice on where to go. We are staying at the Novotel in Dickenson Street and wondered where is best to go for bars and a club? We are all late twenties and want some where fun with a party atmosphere and not too much walking between bars.

Altrincham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for a hen night in Manchester in June

Deansgate Locks on Whitworth Street West (at the Deansgate end) is very lively. It has a row of large bars / restaurants on the canalside. Bars include Revolution, Loaf, Comedy Store and the Sugar Lounge where lots of celebrities go. There are a few others but I can't remember the names as they change quite often.

Alternatively you could head down Portland Street and towards Piccadilly Gardens which is nearer your hotel as there are quite a few bars that way.

There are so many great bars in Manchester you won't have to look hard for them or walk too far.

Inverness
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for a hen night in Manchester in June

Thanks, I was thinking about the Deangate area but wasn't sure. We are going to a restaurant called The Room (somewhere near the shops), then might go to a few bars nearby then head off down to Deansgate. We plan to dress the bride-to-be up, do you think we'll have any bother getting in places - wasn't sure if some places would avoid hen parties?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for a hen night in Manchester in June

Hello Susan.

Cakes is right in saying there are so many bars/pubs/clubs in Manchester, as too wherever you are you will find plenty of entertainment. If it is Deansgate that you wish too stay close too then there are a lot of bars in either direction but if you head towards the shopping centre and walk just about another 100 yards further down the road then you come to to The Printworks an entertainment comples housing bars/restaraunts/nightclubs and even a cinema(not for you girsl I'm sure).

After enjoy yourselves at the many bars in and around the Printworks then head just outside and go into the Birdcage. This is a night club for partying with music from the 60's 70' 80' anf the 90's.

Hen parties are encouraged and you will find a warm welcome awaits you all.

Have a great time in Manchester, and come back on this forum and let us know how it panned out.

Phil

Link to the Birdcage.(copy and paste)

…wordpress.com/2006/12/14/the-birdcage/

Inverness
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for a hen night in Manchester in June

Cheers Phil, sounds great. Thanks for your help

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice for a hen night in Manchester in June

Hi

I would stick to deansgate end, piccadily near bus stop is rowdy and rough, try birdcage or the printworks, If I were you I would just go from bar to bar then onto a brill restaurant like el rincons spanish tapas and a fab atmosphere, visit lime bar near town hall, there is a club downstairs and caters for hen parties and is a really good night.

Enjoy wherever you go...Manchester is the best!!

ALJ
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice for a hen night in Manchester in June

Hi - the restaurant you're refering to on Deansgate is called the Living Room. I would avoid Piccadilly as it is the rough end of Manchester and it can get quite rowdy. Stick to Deansgate and the Deansgate Lock area. However there one place I recommend (but can be difficult to get in) is Cloud 23. It's a new bar situated on the 23rd floor (obviously!) of the new Hilton Hotel on Deansgate. It is Manchester's tallest building - you can't miss it. However, the bar opens at 5pm and I would suggest you try get there for 4.45pm to avoid a long queue. Drinks can be a tad expensive but it is worth the experience. If you do go, turn right and right again when you come out of the lift as that's where the best view is.

Enjoy Manchester!

7. Re: Advice for a hen night in Manchester in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 02, 2009