We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in/near Chipping Campden

London, UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in/near Chipping Campden

Hi All,

My husband and I are enjoying a weekend away from London in Chipping Campden in a couple of weeks and are looking for recommendations for restaurants/pubs/tea rooms in Chipping Campden or nearby (not sure if we'll have a car yet!). Something romantic/special for Saturday night would be great.

Thanks so much!

jacksonville, fl
Level Contributor
76 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in/near Chipping Campden

The Eight Bells in Chipping Campden is a nice pub. The Howard Arms in Ilmington is a quality pub/restaurant. If you want something really nice, and price is no object, try Buckland Manor in Buckland.

The Cotswolds
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in/near Chipping Campden

Restaurant = The Kings Hotel (centrally situated in town) - I have eaten there recently and had a wonderful meal accompanied by friendly attentive (but not obtrusive) staff. Choose the restaurant over the bar for a nicer atmosphere & decor. Also, Joels a small french restaurant serves excellent food and has a very good reputation locally. (would need to book in advance)

If you decide to have a car, - The Barn Owl Restaurant which is part of the Dormy House Hotel is lovely (would need to book) this hotel is away from town on the hill between Chipping Campden & Broadway (5 minutes by car).

Pub = The Eight Bells without doubt - nice pub, people & food!

Tea Rooms = Badgers Hall. I defy anyone to walk pass the tray of cakes on display ! If you like good quality coffee - the Coffee Shop within the Old Silk Mill on Sheep Street is excellent.

I Hope you enjoy your visit.

3. Re: Restaurants in/near Chipping Campden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, May 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Chipping Campden