We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Hotel - parking

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
813 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Sun Hotel - parking

Heading to Lancaster for a two night stay at the Sun Hotel. I note they do not offer parking facilities, instead direct you to Parksafe at a cost of £10 per 24hrs.

Are there any realistic alternatives? (My knowledge of Lancaster is limited to one 3hr stay heading back 'up the road' after a trip down south).

Cheers

GW

Mentioned in this post
The Sun Hotel
The Sun Hotel
499 Reviews
Lancaster, UK
Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun Hotel - parking

Hi GeeeDubya,

TBH Parksafe is probably your best bet. It is the nearest car park to the Sun Hotel. There is limited on-street parking right outside the hotel but you are limited to an hour and it will cost you a quid for that hour. Also, if you drive down the street that the Sun is on, you will then have to drive right round Lancaster one way system to get to Parksafe, which if you are arriving on a Friday afternoon will take you ages. Best bet is to go direct to Parksafe, noting the pub on the right hand side called the Three Mariners, which sells a decent pint! The Sun is a two minute walk, back up the hill against the flow of traffic, and then cross the road at the top of the hill and walk down Church street, and the Sun is about 50 yards on the right.

Good choice of venue the Sun Hotel. Always packed out and has a very good range of beers.

Enjoy your stay!

Mentioned in this post
The Sun Hotel
The Sun Hotel
499 Reviews
Lancaster, UK
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
813 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun Hotel - parking

Cheers for the 'heads-up.' (I might have to sample a few of those beers!!)

Is Imran's as good as it sounds?

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun Hotel - parking

Hi,

Must admit, I've never been to Imran's. It does seem to have good reviews, but whenever I've driven past, it always looks empty, so you never know how long the grub has been hanging around.

My Curry house of choice has to be the Bombay Balti, which is very near the Sun Hotel on China Street. Also the Castle Balti, which surprisingly enough is near to the Castle is also good.

Enjoy the beers!

Mentioned in this post
Imran's
Imran's
25 Reviews
Lancaster, UK
Bombay Balti
Bombay Balti
280 Reviews
Lancaster, UK
The Sun Hotel
The Sun Hotel
499 Reviews
Lancaster, UK
Castle Balti
Castle Balti
16 Reviews
Lancaster, UK
4. Re: Sun Hotel - parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, June 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster