We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

manchester to lancaster to lake district

Which Lancaster hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
manchester to lancaster to lake district

Hi,

In mid-June I'm planning on flying from the US to Manchester on my way to do the Coast to Coast walk. I was thinking of NOT staying in Manchester upon arrival but taking a train to Lancaster...spending the night there, see the castle the next day and then train (? bus?) up to St. Bees to begin the walk...Does this sound feasible? I've been looking on the UK rail website, using the trip planner and it looks like it wouldn't be hard, but...is that reality? I haven't booked my flight yet, so I could put in more days before the walk if there's something or somewhere I ought to stop and see...? Thoughts? Advice?

thanks!

Kirsten

Lancashire
Level Contributor
666 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: manchester to lancaster to lake district

Yes very doable sounds like you have got plan about right

Man Airport to Lancaster is via a direct Trans Penine express service which are frequent and just over an hour

Lancaster to St Bees will be a Northern rail loval stopping service which takes you around the coast and is a pleasant journey

Station staff at Lancaster station are very friendly and will only be too pleased to help you.

Hotel wise in Lancaster the betst located one for you will be the Best Western Royal Kings Arms which is on the edge of the shopping area 5 mins from the station

bestwestern.co.uk/Hotels/…Default.aspx

2. Re: manchester to lancaster to lake district

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lancaster