We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stratford Upon Avon to Leamington Spa to York

Level Contributor
29 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Stratford Upon Avon to Leamington Spa to York

It appears that Enterprise rent a car has a facility right at the train station at Leamington Spa. If I read the rail connections correct, there is a direct train from Leamington Spa to York without any changes in trains. If that's correct, seems like it would be a very easy drive from Stratford upon Avon, dropping off the rental car at Leamington Spa train station and hopping a direct train to York. Seems to me it would be much easier to use Leamington Spa rail station in this manner than trying to do the same rail trip from Oxford to York. Am I missing something? Any other rental car agencies that have facilities right at Leamington Spa rail station?

2 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stratford Upon Avon to Leamington Spa to York

You are correct. Enterprise is at the railway station in Leamington Spa, and there is no other car rental agency there. You can get a direct train to York, with others requiring one change at Birmingham New Street. The journey from Stratford to Leamington by car will take you around 25 minutes.

Level Contributor
29 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stratford Upon Avon to Leamington Spa to York

Many thanks for the confirmation on the details - so necessary in putting together a plan!

Reply to: Stratford Upon Avon to Leamington Spa to York
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Leamington Spa