We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how can i get from watford to legoland?

Which Watford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kerry
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
how can i get from watford to legoland?

hi, hoping to stay in watford soon to visit harry potter studios and then want to visit legoland? i would be travelling with 4 kids so would i have to get a bus or train? thinking of staying in premier inn in croxley green. any advice or help would be great.

also would luton or stanstead airport be closer to watford?

thanks

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how can i get from watford to legoland?

That's one of those "I wouldn't start here from here" type questions :-)

I also wouldn't stay in Watford either.

I'd stay in London and then commute to each, you will find combined travel/tour entry deals from London that may be cheaper than buying separately and will certainly be much less hassle than a combination of train/tube/bus with kids.

They will also save you time, giving you more time at the parks.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,848 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how can i get from watford to legoland?

The sheer hassle of getting from airport to Watford hotel to Leavesden (not straight forward from that PI) to Legoland fills me with dread.

Just to give you an idea the journey from Premier Inn Croxley Green (which is actually in west Watford but that is by the by) to Legoland by public transport would involve a ten minute walk, two tubes and two trains and at least one bus ride. It would take about two and a half hours and an awful lot of "are we there yet?"

The Holiday Inn Express close to Watford Junction station would be a fraction better but you should really stay more centrally. Please post on the London forum if you need more suggestions.

kerry
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how can i get from watford to legoland?

ok thanks for that information. will have to rethink accomodation

Herts
Level Contributor
488 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how can i get from watford to legoland?

Not a lot of happy advice!

Just to cheer you up , The Harry Potter experience is very good , was there on the opening day.

Staying in London and then traveling would be easier , but with the all the kids , look into staying outside and hiring a car?

5. Re: how can i get from watford to legoland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, June 22, 2013