We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Lewisham from Maidstone

cork
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Lewisham from Maidstone

Staying on holiday in maidstone for a few days but need to drive to lewisham Hospital at 7.15pm on a Wednesday evening to collect a family member,Could somebody advise me what the traffic might be like this time of the evening and would it be a difficult route to get there as I have never driven this near to london before

Likely To Sell Out
Leeds Castle, Cliffs of Dover and...
675 reviews
from $124.02*
Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral...
51 reviews
from $126.78*
Special Offer
Leeds Castle Private Viewing...
355 reviews
from $117.82*
$130.91
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,909 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Lewisham from Maidstone

I am a former resident of the area.

At 715pm on a weekday you will be going the opposite way to everyone else.

Check www.maps.google.co.uk for driving directions

That will tell you it will take about 50 minutes. You can punch in the exact addresses for more precise information.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Lewisham from Maidstone

I work nearby. Out of curiousity, I've just looked up what Google suggests as a route. Fine, up to the point where it tells you to turn left at Albacore Crescent and then make a series of right hand turns. Don't. Continue past Albacore Crescent and the hospital is a little further along the main road, on your left. There are a number of entrances and you will need to look for the one allocated for people picking up patients.

If your journey is after 25 July, you should be aware of major roadworks around the Catford Gyratory (that's where the A205 and the A21 meet). If it is, the alternative route is to remain on the A20 into Lewisham and on finding a roundabout near the station, take the first exit to join the A21 and follow that road southwards. You will then find the hospital on your right hand side.

cork
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Lewisham from Maidstone

Thanks for the swift replies.I had noticed the Albacore problem but didnt know how to handle it. Travelling onTuesday so fingers crossed.

4. Re: Getting to Lewisham from Maidstone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, January 29, 2012
Near Cologne...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Lewisham from Maidstone

I guess his family member is long since out of the hospital ;-)

6. Re: Getting to Lewisham from Maidstone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, February 02, 2014