We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Due to fly10 am Monday; what are others doing re : Storm?

Which Crawley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Due to fly10 am Monday; what are others doing re : Storm?

Just typical first overseas hol in a while and I have already had enough dramas to get this far. Now I gather the worst storm in years will be at its peak when Im due to load up and drive to Gatwick - what are others planning to do?

England, United...
Level Contributor
8,778 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Due to fly10 am Monday; what are others doing re : Storm?

I think my best advice is to keep an eye on the BBC news and weather bulletins, or, if the power god down, have a little radio handy.

If you have travel insurance, look to see if it covers "Missed Departure". This section of the policy usually covers reasonable costs incurred in reaching your destination overseas if you miss your originally intended international flight from the UK due to bad weather, ie, if the trains or roads suffer serious disruption.

Have a look at your policy and come back if you need any more help or advice.

Kind regards, and I hope you get away as planned!!

Mondial

England, United...
Level Contributor
8,778 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Due to fly10 am Monday; what are others doing re : Storm?

Meant to say of the power "goes" down!!

Level Contributor
1,508 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Due to fly10 am Monday; what are others doing re : Storm?

Obviously keep an eye on here

http://www.gatwickairport.com

Berks UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Due to fly10 am Monday; what are others doing re : Storm?

Me Too! Flying 6.50 so driving to Gatwick 3.30 am....fingers crossed!

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Due to fly10 am Monday; what are others doing re : Storm?

Also check your airline's web site. For instance, BA are currently saying they will be publishing an update on Monday flight status later today (Sunday)

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Due to fly10 am Monday; what are others doing re : Storm?

Total stress bomb - insurance is standard so doesnt like Im covered if I am a no show - watching all the sites who are fence sitting at present. Have spoken to the car park people who said turn up when ever it suits you so depending on gales will set off xtra early and hope for a flight update before midnight. Good luck to all trying to make it !!!

South of England
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Due to fly10 am Monday; what are others doing re : Storm?

Three of the rail operators serving Gatwick (Southern, First Capital Connect and Gatwick Express) are suggesting last minute cancellations through to at least 8am. Check rail operators website for details or perhaps if possible look for alternative methods to reach the airport in the morning.

8. Re: Due to fly10 am Monday; what are others doing re : Storm?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 29, 2014