We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North terminal-park and stay on return from holiday

Which Crawley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
North terminal-park and stay on return from holiday

Im going to Kenya March 2014 I live near Wigan so am 235 miles from Gatwick so my plan was to drive down on the day of the flight (our flight is at 2100 so no need for hotel night before) and park until I get back then stay in a hotel for the night on return so I dont have to drive four hours after a 9 hour flight! Im finding it hard to do this when I enter it in the search boxes it says error!(even though it gives an option of a hotel stay on return)

Anybody else done this and which hotel does this? Id prefer a hotel on the airport but I am guessing its massive so I would stay off site but only within couple of miles I dont want to be stressing! Thanks

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North terminal-park and stay on return from holiday

Have you tried this website, they do what you are looking for

www.holidayextras.co.uk/…

We have used them for many years and have never had a problem,

London
Level Contributor
768 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North terminal-park and stay on return from holiday

If you're going away for 2 weeks Premier Inn do park and fly with 15 nights parking for £119. Hotel is down a ramp from the north terminal, and you drop off and collect your car from the short stay car park so no shuttle buses involved.

3. Re: North terminal-park and stay on return from holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, April 15, 2013
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,390 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North terminal-park and stay on return from holiday

Julia, self-promotion is not allowed. Please review the forum guidelines.

tripadvisor.com/help/Can_I_sell_or_promote_s…

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North terminal-park and stay on return from holiday

Like your first reply, we usually use holiday extras http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/ and take advantage when they have their 10% off deals. Am waiting myself to book for December. Always good, and no hassle.

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North terminal-park and stay on return from holiday

I was reading an article in the Travel supplement of The Sunday Times about the Gatwick Guest House Association.

Its members offer a night's ensuite accommodation with breakfast (cooked or continental), transfers to the airport and one week's parking for less than £100. You are also collected from the airport and driven back to the guest house at the end of your holiday to collect your car. Two weeks' parking would make the total about £125. You are driven in a fully licensed vehicle and dropped right in front of your terminal.

Most of the properties are no more than a five minute drive from the terminals (handy for that early morning flight) and are an alternative to places like Travelodge, Premier Inn, Hilton, Marriott, etc.

Further information can be found on www.gatwick-guesthouses.co.uk

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North terminal-park and stay on return from holiday

Beware of parking at Gatwick. We booked and paid online, and when we got to the kiosk, they checked our booking on their computer and said everything was fine and in order. They then took our car and parked it for us. When we returned they said WE had parked it in the wrong Car Park and refused to release it unless we paid £120.00 I've since spoken to other people who have heard of this scam, apparently it is a regular occurrence.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North terminal-park and stay on return from holiday

I am flying from North Terminal Gatwick next Feb, so need to find overnight hotel with parking for 15 nights. Thought I'd found ideal hotel(Premier Inn (Manor Royal) on booking.com (no payment req in advance) which I thought was great as going to Egypt! Just found out that booking.com say Guest parking free on site (reservation not needed), thinking this was for 15 days, only to find out for one night only! Contacted Hotel direct who said I need to book the sleep/fly package which is £109 without breakfast, also, need a single room for a friend coming with us who has to pay full price for a double. Can anyone recommend a hotel that does single rooms, with parking, prefer Airparks park and go rather than leave car keys with a hotel.

9. Re: North terminal-park and stay on return from holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:39 am, October 03, 2014