We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A hotel that sleeps 3 by Gatwick

Which Crawley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Qld
Level Contributor
158 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
A hotel that sleeps 3 by Gatwick

Getting highly frustrated that none of the cheaper hotels attached to Gatwick sleep 3 adults and 2 rooms blows the budget sky high. Booking.com say Yotel has no rooms free for night we need (Mon 3 June). Sofitel, Premier inns etc say they don't sleep 3 adults. Hol Inn by time pay shuttle (if working at times we need-no info on sites and given times doubt it will be running) or taxi prices not much cheaper (and involve more hassle than just being able to walk to and fro) than the only hotel I can find which is the Hilton at pd150/nt. Before I resign myself to booking the Hilton do any experts have any suggestions. We don't fly in (from Aberdeen) til 10.30pm-ish and we have to be back at the airport by 5am ish for a flight to Spain.

Thanks!!

Brisbane, Qld
Level Contributor
158 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A hotel that sleeps 3 by Gatwick

Just got onto lastminute.com site and they have Courtyard by Marriott for pd110-and walkable so looking good but will wait for a few hours to see responses from my sleeping UK experts to see your opinions!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A hotel that sleeps 3 by Gatwick

The reviews of the hotel at booking.com are for the most part positive (and the negatives don't appear horrendous), so I'd say it's worth a go. A 10 minute walk from the hotel to South Terminal sounds bearable, even at 0500.

Brisbane, Qld
Level Contributor
158 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A hotel that sleeps 3 by Gatwick

Ah but the Marriott Courtyard website and all other 3rd party sellers state that the maximum per room is 2 adults and 2 children even though it has 2 double beds-go figure so I don't want to book through last minute and be refused when we arrive (though given walking and 2 beds could probably sneak daughter in-who'd know-we're only there 11pm to 5am after all-its just a place to shower and sleep). This is nutty.

Brisbane, Qld
Level Contributor
158 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A hotel that sleeps 3 by Gatwick

Are cabs plentiful as could stay elsewhere in Crawley and cab it to and fro and do better than Hilton price? If iI decide against Courtyard-they are p*** me off with their stupid policy so inclined not to give them business now.

5. Re: A hotel that sleeps 3 by Gatwick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 17, 2013